Derby entry comments for Derby #94: Air

What “evidence”?

Besides that, my guess is HALFTONES LIKE WHOA. And actually, I see about 6 colors.

There is:
-The outline color
-The yellow orange of the outer sun
-The red that serves as BOTH the cloud around the sun AND the inside of the sun
-The bright blue
-The dark blue

Actually, I’m still missing a color, but I think this may be done with five.

If the halftones are spaced properly, you can do lots of crazy things.

Pretty neat - well done.

But woot can’t print halftones that small. That’s the point.
Atleast that’s what I’ve been told.

Because there are lots of different ways to go about frightened food and pirates.

And I’m not talking about visual depictions. I’m talking about things incorporating those elements. Same goes for the anime.

The dandelion shirts, on the other hand, don’t ever seem to really change.

I disagree. Edgar is experienced enough to know what sort of things Woot can and cannot do. I guarantee this is no more than 6 colors, and the process I mentioned is how.

Cricket the famous show jumper gave her rider the ride of his life when she decided to try for " BIG AIR "

Dang, this is the only shirt I would have bought.

It’s just looking for something for the sake of it that’s all. You could say the same thing about a lot of entries. I mean tornadoes kill people every year. Tying a kiwi to a balloon makes light of animal cruelty, “How could anyone where a shirt like that?!?” blah blah blah. Calling someone “ignorant of Somali piracy” is pretty funny though. I do live under a rock after all.

I like it, but there are a couple of other ‘dandelion’ shirts that were rejected just because…I’ll be surprised if this makes it through.

Love the colors, though!

Hello Everyone! I appreciate the positive feedback, but I would like to welcome criticism as well. Tell me why you don’t like this design? It really won’t hurt my feelings. I just want to improve for future derbies.

Thank you!
Melinda(Spanishmel)

Clever. I’ll vote for this when pigs fly.

Oh, I guess I’m voting.

This reminds me of my design.

Nice changes!

Mere lunacy… o.O

Pardon me for taking it as a piece of art and not just a literal depiction of old-school pirates boarding a modern plane. I suppose you’re right that it would be a stretch. After all, old-school pirates (those lacking typical modern resources and coming from a troubled cultural background) hijacking a plane could never be seen as a metaphor for the type of people that terrorism is typically associated with. I’m not saying that I don’t get it and find it offensive; I just know a LOT of people would. As an artistic shirt, it is open to interpretation, and I fear that the easiest interpretation here would be that of 9/11, only in an inappropriately light-hearted fashion. Artist’s meaning and viewer’s interpretation don’t always overlap.

This is really good. Nice job on the colors.

Very pretty golden peonies, but yeah like Mavyn said I don’t think this will make it… my dandelion design got rejected just for being a dandelion - after getting to the fog too.
:frowning:

Thanks, for some reason, I’m feeling taller. Twenty five Woots, or thereabouts? If Woomour has it wight – makes you Better than evwyone else, Woot next! I’m glad this design is going down so well with so many tho, it kinda gives me hope, like maybe the majority of Wootniks are indeed crazy after all and I can truly settle in as it were, without feeling quite so ‘fluourescent-green’ about the gills( all 16 of them I might add have been aglow of late, which can be quite distracting and counter-productive, if you get my drift ).

Hey, while my Betta used to jump ship I had him five years! So they can live a long time… I used to work in Fish shop and the Bettas jump out of their bowls a lot. They are very territorial…and they are native to Thailand and they often live in glorified puddles and/or rice paddies…sometimes they have to jump to another puddle to survive. Sorry…I know this is nerdy.

I do like this design…you’ve got my vote!

Melinda

All that you see are different brushes!