Remington King of Shaves Kit

These blades suck. They wouldn’t be a bargin for free. Do not buy them.

Let me hop on the crap wagon myself. I was Ecstatic when I saw these “Remingtons” at a fraction of my Gillette Machs. I had to try them. 1st shave was surprisingly close and comfortable. 2nd shave was a Major disappointment. The blades are so close together that they clog very easily and are unclean-able. Even when you hold them under direct water from the faucet, you will see that the water bounces of the blades and does not pass through them. If you use a new blade every day, you would probably be fine. BTW if you miss two or three days of shaving, a new blade will not get you through a shave. Thick whiskers clog these blades in one pass. To the price I say YAY but to the quality I say NAY. I will not buy again and cannot recommend them even at this low low price.

Quite possibly the worst shave I have ever had! I would imagine that if you have the fine hair of a lady, these would work fine! However, on rough hair, no go. Somehow this product managed to be a waste of $8

Bought these the last time. These blades last a long time, still on the first one !!!

Do not buy this kit. Remington is cheap and not at all worth it. Doesn’t work as advertised. I bought one, last time when it was on woot. Just filed a complaint.

I brought this for my husband a couple of Woots ago, and I have tried it, as well, on my legs.

It helps to understand that this is a different shaving tool than what most are used to. The head bends, so it takes practice to use it correctly.

Once you get it, it is about an average shave. I liked it for legs, and my husband said it was fair for his face. It was terrible, however, for shaving his bald head — lots of nicks.

The attraction, here, is the price — if you don’t mind a meh-ish shave and a shaving experience that requires a weird technique.

These things are terrible. Don’t buy. I regret wasting my money on 3 sets of these the last time they were around. As others have said, they do feel awkward in your hand and don’t shave well at all. The rubber portion that precedes the blades sticks out too far, so you really have to push down hard. Not something I feel comfortable with while holding blades on my neck.

There’s a reason these things are so cheap. Trust your gut, do not buy.

Horrendous product. Aptly named, though, since kings traditionally wear beards, and you will soon wear a beard if you’re counting on shaving with these. The handle is way too long, so you have to ‘choke up’ to control it. There’s too much flex in the blade area, so you can’t get any pressure on the whiskers at all - the blades just glide across them. And the blades… about one-half notch above the original Bic disposables. I don’t care how many there are - if they aren’t sharp, it doesn’t matter.

Worst. Razors. Ever.

I bought 3 last time thinking even if they are just so-so it’s a great price. Wrong. It is nearly impossible to get a close shave with these.

1. the blades are too close together as many have stated. This can be overcome with constant rinsing with high pressure hot water (swishing in the sink won’t cut it). However,

2. the “clever” design of the handle itself is self defeating. It’s angle does not allow for a good cut, and you are supposed to be able to apply a good bit of pressure and the rubber arms will act as the tension spring to keep the blades close, but once they’ve softened up from the hot water they provide practically no pressure at all!

I’m rarely inspired to provide feedback for or against a product, but in this case it’s obvious why these are on Woot so cheap…someone is sitting on a warehouse full of these pieces of cr@p because they certainly wouldn’t sell in a store.

35 year old guy’s opinion:

They are a good deal for price/quantity, and I wouldn’t call them junk, but I’m disappointed with the razors. I’ve been a Gillette user for my 20 years of shaving, moving up through their line over the years, and I’d put this below the most basic Gillette blade of the same style.

My issues: The handle and blade angle is awkward for shaving. It’s not good for sideburn evening, lip line or nostril line shaving. I seem to nick myself at the chin/lower lip line frequently. It doesn’t shave very smoothly the first time, so I find myself retracing my steps.

However, a great idea for these if you can do it, is to buy them and donate them to a shelter for men or women. The bulk really has some advantages there. That’s why I’m buying 3 more myself.

Bought these last time they were on. Awkward in my hand and don’t provide a close shave at all. Worthless waste of my money!. I gave them to my wife, she likes them!

I don’t get the bad reviews. I liked it a lot. I wouldn’t ever pay $48 for the kit, but I find it a lot faster to shave with this than with a Gillette Mach 3 for example.

Work great for me. I’ve re-ordered.
I love the person (from the previous WOOT) who could not figure how to replace the blade.

On the side of the blade box it says (essentially) to “push the button on the back.” I know it’s a stretch, but RTFM seems to apply here.

Outstanding shaver. I bought 2 sets last time and I think the 30 refills will last me over 4 years. It may look weird but it works well for me.
I was reading some of the other reviews and I disagree about getting a close shave. I have no problem get a close shave nor do I have any problems with shaving my neck line or any other area of my face. I did have to use the razor in a different way to do trim work but it is not that hard to do.

Same here…I don’t get what the problem is.

I would put it above the Schick Quattro as well. I get a good shave every time I use it.

I have these and do not like them. The shaver is clumsy to use and refit blades to. The blades jam up with hair and do not last more than 2-3 shaves rather than a week that i get out of that other brand. all in all it was not worth the woot.

Ditto, but if no one buys these today then they’ll prolly be back in a woof-off with a lower price to clear them out, I’ll be in for 3 then!

BTW, These shave very close and I have yet to get a razor burn or even a nick using these. Under a buck per blade compared to 4 bucks for Fusion. I miss the trim blade on Fusion, but can trim under my nose and get the corners of my mouth with these too.

Leaves my legs silky smooth! Had to get used to the way it handled, but once I did I was hooked. Ladies, this razor is great!

Last non-woot-off $7.99 also, 228 comments in September:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5185200

then the comments rolled in for the woot-off sales in October:
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5213849
and
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5216939