Razer Gaming Accessories

Would the Nostromo work as just another keyboard input with customizable keys or does it really only work for games? I’m an accountant, and I use Microsoft Excel heavily. Using Excel, I often have my hands out of classic typing position, since the ten key is much faster and easier, but that means I have to stop and hunt for keys like Tab, F2, “,” and “:” (I input a lot of times). I am interested in the Nostromo for it’s potential to improve my workflow.
Plus I think it will make all my coworkers jealous.

Finally got a Deathadder. My Mamba died a while ago and I bought a Sensei. I like the Sensei and plan on using it as my main mouse and using this for work or backup.

The Nostromo can do whatever you want it to do - it’s not just for games. You can make application-specific profiles, so the keys do different things depending on what you’re running.

You can also make macros with the included software, although they’re pretty limited. I’d recommend using AutoHotKey for more advanced stuff.

I think the negative reviews are from people who expect, understandably, Razer to be much better than the competition because of their cost. In reality, Razer is very competitive in terms of build quality and performance, arguably the best, but whether the additional cost merits the benefits is questionable.

For example, I use a wired/wireless Mamba at home, and it’s by far the best wireless mouse, in terms of tracking and response, that I’ve ever used. The materials they used feel nice, but in the end it suffers similar driver bloat and hardware problems as other mice. On mine, a small plastic piece of shielding fell of and has been lost for a year.

At work, I use a Deathadder Black, and it drives me nuts. The scrollwheel is straight-up terrible; it registers about every third spin in the incorrect direction. As a consequence, reading a website literally gives me a headache because I get lost so often. I know I’m not the only one with the problem, based on online reviews. Yet I found myself orderring a Deathadder 2013, because I can’t find another mouse I like in a similar form factor at that price point.

I use a Nostromo for AutoCAD macros - it works great. The interface is definitely “gaming themed” in the sense that it will be the most eXtreme software on your computer, but the macro recording ability is extremely flexible, and you would have no trouble recording custom macros for Excel.

I pair the Naga with the Nostromo Gaming Keypad for Warcraft, and I don’t think I could ever go back to the old 5-button mouse and keyboard for raiding. The husband used the Nostromo pad for League of Legends for a while and eventually went back to using a keyboard. It definitely takes a few good days of use to get used to the Nostromo, and you won’t know whether you’ll like it unless you give it some time. If it does grove for you though, its a great buy!

I bought the Lycosa over a year ago. I love the LED backlighting on the keys (looks great in a dark room when gaming), and it’s an otherwise great keyboard with a passthrough USB port on it and a place to plug in headphones and a microphone (the plug has two usb cords, one for the keyboard and one for the USB port, as well as audio in/out cables). The one issue I’ve had with it is that occasionally one key (completely at random intervals and completely random key) will “lock up” and not register when pressed. This only started after the warranty expired so I got no support from the company, but it’s merely a nuisance as unplugging the cable and plugging it back in generally resets it. Otherwise I have to restart the computer to get it working again.

What kind of switches does the Black Widow have? Are they Brown or Blue? I want a mechanical keyboard without the clicky noise, which the brown offers but the blue does not. Razer makes the Black Widow with both of these switches, but I can’t find anything about it in the specs.

The Razer Black Widow Stealth Edition (that’s a mouthful) is exclusive for Razer’s online store, so the ones here on Woot are the Cherry MX Blue switches (which is what I absolutely love about my Razer Black Widow)

I ordered the Black Widow a couple days back. I really wanted a mechanical backlit keyboard and this was perfect. But like most things with Razer Refub, it’s a hit or miss. You can get a really bad packaged product or a really, really good one that will last. Usually, in my case it’s been good. But the refurbish one I got was a complete miss. When I opened the mailing package, half the keyboard was sticking out. When I plugged it in, half the keys came sticky and the packaging was sloppy, it looked like someone just shoved the keyboard into the Razor branded box. and folded over the cords. It was really disappointing. Good thing Woot was able to take returns. :slight_smile:

Gah! I have been trying to jump on the DeathAdder for months but I always get here after they’re sold out! Curses!

Want…Onza TE…So…Badly…

Wife…Will…Kill…if…I…buy…more…Xbox…stuff

I…Must…Resist…

fight it!!! FIGHT!!!

http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-blog/rocky-iii-560-mickey.jpg

I purchased one of these Razer Naga Epic mice last time Woot! offered them. I am sorely disappointed. The mouse is not usable in wired mode - the mouse connects and disconnects continuously. Wireless is the only option, but even it disconnects at random. I have initiated support with Razer and am stuck waiting for them to get “approval” to help me. I do not recommend this Razer Naga Epic.

Sorry to hear, if you’re still encountering issues with Razer please feel free to contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they’ll be glad to assist you in finding a resolve.

Bought a Lycosa the last time it was on woot. Having purchased Razer mice for years, I’d hoped the keyboard would be a good replacement for my ancient g15 that had died several months earlier (I was using a store bought Microsoft keyboard with some annoying function key spacing since then).

I was not pleased. I work from home as a programmer, and the actions on the Lycosa’s keys are way too stiff. Many times, in fact, I can hear the sound of plastic against plastic as the key comes back up, like it almost got “caught”. Needless to say, after a week of this, being unable to type fast without my finger tips hurting, I switched back to the Microsoft Keyboard.

Also, I found the touch-sensitive media keys on the top right of the keyboard to be a pit of a pain, as many times when using the break or print screen keys (which I do) my fingers would inadvertently touch a media key and advance a song, etc.

I have the Nostromo and the Starcraft headset. I absolutely love them The headset is comfortable and the Nostromo comes in handy for everything.

I have a BlackWidow. It’s okay. It’s glitchy, even without hitting the “on the fly” macro recording. There are certain words that will simulate hitting “F11” several times in a row. I’ve checked for secret macros running and haven’t found any. (I did have a problem with an “on the fly” macro getting recorded not long after I bought the keyboard. It didn’t get tripped too often, but when it did, my computer seemed to be obsessed with wool comforters and balance ball chairs. It would tell everyone in the world about them.

Now though, I have disabled the on the fly macro keys. I have yet to get the buggy words fixed. I have upgraded the firmware and drivers, cleaned all the fuzz out from under the keys, and still I have problems occasionally.

That said, I do like the keyboard.

You can program the mouse buttons now on most gaming mice. You can change holding down the left mouse key to mean double-click the mouse as fast as it will send signals to the computer. No more callouses from speed clicking :slight_smile:

I currently have the Lycosa Keyboard, orginal Naga mouse, and Nostromo. I really like them all, and absolutely love the mouse.
I’m debating on using this woot sale to upgrade to the Anasi or black widow keyboard, and the wireless naga mouse, and passing the old stuff onto my spare parts back up PC.
The item I’m really curious about though is the Onza game pad. Has anyone used this for PC? I know the site says its compatible, but I’ve tried using a xbox 360 controller on PC before, and they are supposed to work, but mine doesn’t work well at all. I wonder if Razer got it right, or I would have the same issues.