GREEN GROTTO LIVES ON...WHAT LIES AHEAD?

Does anyone know what time Dave’s vet appt was? Jetta is on my mind…

I think he was going about one his time, should be there now.

Last week I heard Noel caterwauling on the front porch.
Called son, half dead mole on the porch which he had to finish, ugh.
Oops! Sorry, moles!

I don’t let this pack of dogs run wild, they are too interested in my cats.

we had a cat when I was a kid that brought in a live snake once. oooh, mum was NOT happy!!! she got a broom & swept it out. cat tried to bring it back in later that night, too.

Oooh baby kitties! They look great.

I did not know my mom is terrified of butterflies until her cat Maynard brought one into the house and turned it loose.

Oh shit! Bad kitty!

We had one mean black cat named Jessie who caught a mouse one night when I was about 10 years old. Mom didn’t know what to do with the poof half dead mouse, so she put it in an avocado green Tupperware container and sat it out on the back porch for Daddy to take to the dump. We still have the other two pieces to that Tupperware set (orange and yellow).

I caught that “Ren Hoek” reference, too. Did we all get that?

So when a traffic light is not working it becomes a 4-way stop right?

Today in Mt. Eaton they’re patching pot holes in 3 places, the traffic lights are out, as theres plenty of other work going on. Well they must have run out of flaggers so they left one intersection unattended. I came to a stop, and before the truck to my right could go some old fart behind me is blowing his horn. I look back and he’s making motions like I should have kept on going. I’m too tired to get out of my car and explain the laws of the road to him so I ignored the moron and waited my turn. Golly gee it took a whopping minute to go. I didn’t look back to see if he waited or got t-boned. But isn’t the 4 way thing common knowledge? I know the radio stations mention it every time theres a power outage.

I found three new spring tops at Belk. I like the Ruby Rd. brand - this is one I bought:

I got one pair of earrings, and then I tried to get waited on at the cosmetics counter. Pfffft! The one sales person in the entire department was sucked up by one very needy old lady. If the sales person had just looked me in the eye and said “I’ll be right with you”, I would have waited longer. I was completely ignored, so I came home ordered what I wanted online.

Edit: Well, PHOOEY, I can’t get the picture to work. Maybe this link will work, if you are interested: https://www.belk.com/p/--must-have-fern-print-gauze-pintuck-blouse/180323162540.html?dwvar_180323162540_color=446306273191#start=1

Helper came up from my basement with a dried up dead mouse when he was a kitten. I was super proud of him.

Summer wasn’t complete unless someone was making kool-aid in one of those green, orange, or yellow Tupperware pitchers. I think I’d buy name brand Tupperware again if they made it look like the old stuff.

we found out my oldest was scared of butterflies when there was an exhibit someplace. I think a museum. we walked in the butterfly area and he ran out. he made such a fuss, my younger two thought butterflies must be terrifying. took them a few years to realize they’re not, lol

I believe you are correct, pepper. I hate non-driving a-holes.

so in portland I saw roosters everywhere and thought of Wooster

I had a couple fantastic desserts

his: strawberry with a marshmallowy vanilla frosting (just ok)

mine: chocolate with salted caramel frosting (good!)

reese’s peanut butter cup chunks, chocolate ganache and caramel drizzle. AMAZING

we saw the fog roll in

and some cool old buildings

anyone else picturing a bowl of fruit loops and guinness??

more cool art by the museum where that rock guy was (if you remember the picture way back from my last trip)

Yay! Vacation pictures.

I love the roosters. They must be trendy this year because I’ve seen a lot of them in the summer stuff at the stores. The cupcakes look so pretty.

some cool Repo Man pins

and a flyer for the wonderful talk we saw about the rise and fall of the horror paperback

OH MY GOATS, MBS, that chocolate peanut butter thing looks SO FREAKIN’ GOOD!

and some creepy stuff for cklun

weird monkey in pizza shop

and some DOLL PARTS in a flea market