Dell 31.5" Full-HD IPS Monitor with HDMI

Yep. That’s the way to pay for a Costco membership. If there’s a Costco convenient to your daily drive, the gas savings will more than pay for the yearly membership fee. Everything else is gravy.

What the warranty deal on reconditioned stuff here at Woot. Never ordered any and just wondered if any of you had and what your experiences were.

I’m assuming there is no warranty so you’re taking your chances.

Actually this item on Costco’s website doesn’t require membership.

Yep, this monitor does not require a Costco membership to buy.

Just went thru the create a non-member account and thru to the enter payment. Unlike some Costco items, this one stayed at the same $169.99 price.

New at Costco means an automatic free extended warranty doubling the 1 yr from the manufacturer. Their return policy is also stellar of course.

And there is lots of gravy if you shop wisely. I save at least that much each year in booze purchases as well. Kirkland brand Vodka is basically the same quality as Grey Goose.

Good stuff and much cheaper.

I figure with gas, booze, food and other deals i save somewhere between $300-500 per year at Costco after the membership fee. Its a no brainer for my family.

Funny how Woot apparently not checking Costco’s price turned this thread into a Costco thread.

Not mentioned as Costco benefits above…

1. 90 day return to any Costco.
  2. 1 year Dell warranty + 1 year Costco extended warranty. (Might need a membership for this one.)[Edit: mentioned above as I typed this!]
  3. The Gas @ Costco - in our area it tends to be more than 5 cents cheaper, especially since there tends to be a Sams nearby.
  4. If you have a Costco-Citi credit card, thats another 2% back in cash (annually) on this and every Costco buy + 4% back in cash back on gas bought at any free-standing gas station and Costco gas.

In our state liquor prices are price controlled… and anybody of legal age can buy it in a warehouse club without a membership.

But agreed on the Costco-Kirkland liquor. Their gin is also excellent and about half price vs reliable brands.

It seems kinda a moot Woot point now, but also not cool that Woot did not disclose this was a refurb in todays promo email. Even Dealnews strives to do that.

(But they got me here to chime in about Costco when I would have otherwise ignored and moved on, so there’s that.) :wink:

Hi there. We list the warranty at the bottom of the features.

This factory reconditioned monitor has a 90-day Dell warranty.

Condition isn’t included in our daily digest.

The buyer had a nice relaxing day yesterday so he’s in a great mood. He’s done lowered the price on this here monitor to $149.99.

Take that Costco!

If you already purchased, the difference will hope back into your account soonish.

Have a great day!

So you’re saying it is click bait… And we should just assume there is a very high likelihood if it is Woot, it is used. :wink:

I think the big point that everyone is missing is that they advertise “Full HD” on a 32" monitor like that’s a good thing. For a monitor that size, I’m going to want at least 2K. Keep that in mind when you’re shopping for a new monitor - resolution seems to have stagnated now that they can slap “FULL HD!!” on the box and be done with it. 4K would be too much on a 32", but you can do better than 1080p.

I bought this monitor brand new from Costco last December for $149. It’s a great monitor but this is a bad deal for a refurbish, maybe $120 would be more reasonable.

Price notwithstanding, I’ve owned several Dell factory refurbished monitors over the last several years; been totally pleased with them all. Virtually indistinguishable from new for the most part, usually are returns with possible minor blemish on base or bezel; screens have always been perfect. Realistically, it’s rare to have an issue with good quality monitors, unless it’s very quickly, due to a weak component. I have some fairly old Dell monitors that still have perfect displays. Even the 3 year warranties on Dell’s better monitors are rarely used.

While Dell monitors tend to be quite good, I just want to caution folks that the 1920 x 1080 resolution is not so good on a monitor of this size – at least from my own experience. I took advantage of a bargain deal like this to get a 32" monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution. Unfortunately, the type was pretty darned hard to read – even after adjustments. I was able to return the monitor and replaced it with a 32" monitor with 2560 x 1440 resolution – and it has been a joy to use ever since. Everything is sharp on it. So just be cautious – many people will find that the 1920 x 1080 resolution is high enough on a 32" monitor.

Ah thx, i missed that …

As far as the FHD resolution, it will depend on how far you place the monitor and how good your eyes are. I do a lot of visual design on a FHD 34" monitor and it’s just fine for web design, but obviously not if editing 4k video. For the casual user sitting a few feet away, 1080p is generally fine and this is a decent price on a large dell monitor.

I have my brother pick me up gift cards from there.