Bag o' Crap

Wrong. You did not run out of BOC’s, you just decided to parcel them out. By rights, the peoples orders that went through and then got cancelled should automatically get one when they go back up. Long time wooter. Done.

Server does it, not me.

The first x orders go through. When it reaches x+1, all orders go to the VoP and are then spit out at a speed the servers can handle without crashy crashy.

Cancelled also… damnit woot…

Don’t forget that we have a Woot-Off on the Clearance Site

https://i.imgur.com/cfCuqOV.png

I was taken by surprise with another woot-off today! Should make Tuesday more interesting! :smiley:

YAY! Y’all broke the servers (behind the scenes). All the people are being woke up.

Will there be any more bags of c today?

so so so so so so difficult to get. Always sold out

I was checking at 8 ET because I don’t read gud. Luckily, I stumbled into a BOC.

Why in the world would woot throw this out on the main page when there is a woot off going on in clearance?!

Anyone having trouble with checkout? I get endlessly stuck at Woot Sign-In

without checkout screen

I disagree. I have been it the VOP many times. I have also scored my fair share of BOC’s. Anymore they have these things pre-packed and waiting for labels. They did not run out of stock. They took orders and then decided they took too many. If this is the last one of the day, I will take my statement back. If they offer anymore, I stand by what I said originally. They did not run out, they just let their servers deny the order and then will offer more later, for the drama.

Ever since they moved to doing more than one a day this is how it’s worked. They do it to lighten the server load, give more people a chance, etc.

There is an allotted amount for each offering. That’s how it works.

Yes it sucks to not get one. I’ve been on the receiving end of that a thousand times… but… I mean it’s the BOC. That’s kind of the name of the game.

So glad you know how this works better than me. I’ve only been running the BOC program for 5 years now.

We will NEVER have enough BOCs for everyone that wants one. NEVER. We lose money on every one we sell.

It’s always been a challenge to buy one since the first one in the first month of woot in 2004.

We sell x number of BOCs and there’s x^10 trying to get them.

We did it before the woot-off. Surprise!

They ran out of that specific lot. Each crap sale has a designated limit. Once that limit is reached, any orders that are still processing are cancelled. They may have 3000 boxes of pre-packaged crap, but the server sees each group as a unique item. (different product numbers and names) So if the first sale of the day only has 300 craps designated to that group, the server will only allow 300 to go through. Sometimes that means some pending orders get “cancelled”. This really isn’t that hard to understand.

Of course it is unfair, random, whatever. The challenge of scoring when the odds are against one is what keeps us all coming back. The drama is part of the deal. And a win feels SOOO good.

I’ve knit an entire scarf to amuse myself, while checking my screens steadily.

Woah, woah there TT. No need to throw technical jargon our way.

Oh, sorry.

Things go in.
Things go out.