1, 3, and 5-Day Juice Cleanses

Are these juices pasteurized? Or are they cold-pressed then shipped cold? TIA

On the specs tab of each of these items it says “Warning: This product has not been pasteurized and, therefore, may contain harmful bacteria that can cause illness in children, the elderly, and persons with weakened immune systems.” so no they aren’t pasteurized.

How is this shipped out? Their web site says the whole thing should be consumed within 3 days of receipt, which kind of means it has to be very fresh. If these are sitting for a long time in some dim, dusty Woot warehouse, the whole pasteurization thing becomes pretty important… Wait! That means I could get rich from a big law suit! Take your time, Woot, take your time…

Would also like to know the answer to the above question as well…

Here’s the info I got about shipping/freshness:

Anyone of these can be frozen?

Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and APO addresses is not available for this item. All juices will be shipped overnight the day after your order is placed, so expect to receive them in two days.

I’d think they’d be shipped directly from the company, as freshness is the most important thing for drinking fresh-pressed juice. But you also don’t want them sitting in the sun for hours when they get delivered, so you’ll want to be home for that.

Seemingly, but I’m double-checking & asking for how long they can be frozen.

They will indeed be shipping straight from our vendor, so no worries about us having them just sitting in our warehouse or anything like that.

EDIT: all juices can be frozen and are good for up to 3 months, our buyer also helpfully pointed out the FAQ (here) as an attempt to thwart more questions from me (hopefully it helps y’all too).

Wow, saved once again by no shipping to Hawaii!

If you think this juice will taste so good it’s worth this kind of money, please go for it while still eating a balanced diet. But don’t buy into this silly “detox” nonsense.

Yup. Our bodies come with their own detox mechanisms.

If anybody is curious about cold pressed juices, Trader Joe’s has a few different ones for $4.99 a pop. I’ll buy one every now and then, when I’m feeling rich and lazy (I have both a masticating juicer and centrifugal juicer). They’re good and very refreshing.

Juice Cleanses! When “The Food Babe” & Dr. Oz are your sources of nutritional education.

Have you ever done a juice fast? I know quite well that we have organs that detox our body on a regular basis, however, I always feel amazing during and after a juice fast. Your body uses a lot of energy in the digestion process - especially if you eat processed foods - and having that energy to burn on other things for a while is pretty amazing.

Try simple intermittent fasting. It’s free.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting

Agree with you there! Skip 2 meals and I feel good (albeit hungry) at the end.

If you really want to look into some serious detox, just get a 2nd liver and a 3rd kidney implanted :slight_smile:

Thanks for saving me some money! Thumbs up!

yay sugar high!

Not sure who is worse, but I’m inclined to believe “Food Babe” is. For the record, I’m pretty into nutrition and its concepts.

Ich Bin Liber Rock! These really work well I’ve not only lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks, I also have lost the will to survive…