10.1" Netbook with 250GB Hard Drive and Windows 7

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

10.1" Netbook with 250GB Hard Drive and Windows 7
$199.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 10.1" Netbook with Intel Atom Processor, 250GB HDD, 1GB DDR and Windows 7

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

According to the description, the eMachine and Asus only has a 3 cell battery!

Today’s WOOT rivals Baskin Robbins for most flavors

I want to point out that this is Windows 7, but it’s Windows 7 starter. Now Windows 7 is great, but I haven’t heard very good things about Windows 7 Starter.

All the specifications seem to be the same more or less. However, anyone know which of these companies have the best “out of warranty” service? Or even the best customer support?

this is the way to do it woot
i would advise you to get the asus i have seen it last and have very few problems and i see them all the time
and asus has software to change your desktop picture which is one of the draw backs to windows 7 starter.

Would not buy!!!

Gateway/Acer/eMachines has horrible customer support. I bought a monitor from them and they absolutely refuse me warranty support. I’ve mailed it to them twice for repair and gotten it back unrepaired and with several physical scuffs and scratches afterward with a form letter saying they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it after I described the problem in excruciating detail.

BEWARE is what I am saying. If anything goes wrong with this kiss any chance of them fixing it goodbye.

Asus on the otherhand I have found to always be helpful and make incredible reliable computer parts I’ve used in every build I’ve done. Get that before they’re gone.

Of course the question on everybody’s mind is: Which one has the best specs?

gateway has a 6 cell lithium battery

Throw me some cheeeese…

Silliness prevails on woot!..

There’s woot! too many lappies for any meaningful discussion…

Have fun tallying them up, Ghost…

The Gateway has a better - newer - CPU. It looks like a clone of the newer Acer Netbook - which gets great battery life with the 6 cell battery.

Seems like the Gateway with the Atom N450 / GMA 3150 has the best performance of the bunch. Of course when it comes to Intel integrated crapgraphics, “best” is like saying which outhouse stinks the least.

beware of gateway i dont know how many people i have told this that regret not listening to me

The Gateway is Tony the Tiger GRRRREATTT! Atom 450 chip set uses less power than the 270’s the others have. Nice package and can easily be upgraded with a graphics decoder for near HD quality video. This is a grrrreattt deal.

Might be a stupid question… but does this come with win 7 disc? the activation key thingy?

also note, a deals.woot for the day is a 12" netbook w/xp, if you happen to be screen envious.

Product Website

[MOD: Uhm… which one?]

Im gonna buy some stock in the eMachines model.

Solid Amazon reviews, check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-eMachines-eM250-1162-Netbook-Wireless/dp/B00323G71S

To help you decide: Reliability by Manufacturer