10-Pack of Solar Eclipse Glasses

Could you all confirm that these meet the ISO 12312-2 safety standard? Sunny Skies is not on the list of known makers for adequate solar eclipse glasses.

Glad to see these have a 90-day warranty!

Lowe’s is selling similar glasses (from American Paper Optics who are certified
www.eclipseglasses.com) for $1.98, and rigid goggles for about $15 each.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eclipse-Paper-Glasses/1000255189

I can confirm that these meet the ISO 12312-2 safety standards. There will be an ISO certification label on the product itself confirming they meet the standards. Thank you for the question!

Total eclipse path vs sales stats:

Thank YOU for the answer! :slight_smile:

Too bad I already ordered my glasses… for about twice the price.

Are these made in the USA? If not, where?

Who is the manufacturer of these glasses?

I’m tempted but I am not aware that Woot takes responsibility for delayed shipping. If it works like some orders I’ve made, the glasses may arrive post eclipse. A five dollar discount would not take the sting out of that.

Sept 23 2017 will be an historic solar system event! even this (aug 21 event)is only the announcement of the sept. event to come!

What a neat coincidence.

Contact your local tourist center, states like Oregon are giving them out for free.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe anyone sells tin foil hats, so you will have to make your own. LOL

Apparently it has been reported that there are bootlegs and knockoffs being sold on Amazon that are not from the 5 companies selling eclipse glasses that NASA has certified. This is why I am posting the question to to Woot.
Is this Woot deal manufactured by American Paper Optics, Baader Planetarium (AstroSolar Silver/Gold film only), Rainbow Symphony, Thousand Oaks Optical, and TSE 17 LLC and do the have the recommended ISO logo and 12312-2 rating on the back of the glasses?

“ONCE IN A LIFETIME hold onto your hats America! Get ready for the Most Important Astrological Event in a CENTURY! Brace yourself for the 1st Coast to coast USA TOTAL solar eclipse in 38 years!”

I am pretty sure you mean ASTRONOMICAL event since we all know that astrology is a bunch of nonsense! And it is the first coast to coast total eclipse in 99 years, not 38.

Apparently it has been reported that there are bootlegs and knockoffs being sold on Amazon that are not from the 5 companies selling eclipse glasses that NASA has certified. This is why I am posting the question to to Woot.
Is this Woot deal manufactured by American Paper Optics, Baader Planetarium (AstroSolar Silver/Gold film only), Rainbow Symphony, Thousand Oaks Optical, and TSE 17 LLC and do the have the recommended ISO logo and 12312-2 rating on the back of the glasses?

Nasa approved companies selling Certified ISO Solar Eclipse glasses are American Paper Optics, Baader Planetarium (AstroSolar Silver/Gold film only), Rainbow Symphony, Thousand Oaks Optical, and TSE 17

These glasses have the ISO symbol but do not have the proper tagging on the glasses with the standard number. My sister bought this about a month ago but won’t listen to me because it says they are on the product page which has a document purporting to be approved.

Nasa updates their list and adds newly approved manufacturers. These are not on that list yet.

It’s not worth the risk to me. I bought sets from American Paper Optical and they are being delivered today.

https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety