1000 Faces Coffee Company

Coincidentally, Ekobrew cups are 38%-46% off on Amazon today. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_AVZOC5QXJLIEO?ie=UTF8&docId=1000839231&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=07SZR9C3E6P4FF4Z51S9

I’m enjoying some French pressed Bell’s Blend I picked up on a recent trip to 1000 Faces’s hometown of Athens, GA, and eagerly awaiting the arrival of the order I placed here yesterday. I’m very glad that 1000 Faces has had good enough experiences with Woot to keep doing these deals. And the multiple-pack thing for this deal is a nice variation on the previous single-option deals.

Thanks, 1000 Faces, for doing what you do, and enabling me to get more enjoyment from brewing what I brew.

so glad the coffees are back…but now I have to choose which 4-pack to buy…you are evil, woot!

what?! just because we’re loading people up on alternating doses of wine & liquid stimulants?!

Thank you for the reply, I’ll be placing an order!

It will be difficult to top our local place (the Roasterie in KCMO), but I’m always on the lookout for quality Go-juice!

Went with the S.O. offer, although several of those were not on the site. It’ll be like a mystery!

Cool!

The Lekempti and Llano Bonito are exclusive to Wine.Woot and our local customers at the moment. We may roll them out soon on our site and other online retailers that carry our beans. Consider it a privilege, given with honor to the mighty Woot shopper.

Not only are these coffees highly recommended, they’re mandatory

A month ago I had no fresh coffee. Now I’ve got some Molokai Muleskinner, some four barrel friendo blendo, and a friend just picked up a blend from Cool Beans (not too far from 1kFCC) for me.

In a month I’ll be forced to open that box of Gevalia that’s been sitting in the pantry since last winter, but right now I’m flush.

Decisions, decisions.

eta:

'zon’s got at least two 4-cup french presses for between 14 and 18 bucks, with Prime. That’s 17oz minus the coffee, so figure that will make 12-15oz coffee. Worth the money.

Alcohol is a depressant. But, depressant +stimulate is NEVER a good idea.

Much as it pains me, I think I’m going to have to pass this time. I just looked at the virtual goodie bag for tomorrow’s half marathon and it has a coupon for 2 pounds for $20 at 1000 Faces so I’m just going to go that route, without all the pressure of using up four pounds of coffee while it’s fresh. Which, by the way, thanks to 1000 Faces for supporting the Athens half marathon!

What is the shelf-life for these? I know “the fresher the better” is the correct response, but I don’t have a source for good coffee locally. I ordered The Deep yesterday, but am interested in the SO, as well. How long could I reasonably expect a bag to keep?

Not that I’m an expert by any means, but I have had bags that were two months on the shelf from our local roaster (the dates are on the back), and I couldn’t tell a difference between that, and those that were roasted earlier in the week.

That’s sitting on the grocery store shelves in their original sealed bag. Basically no special attempt at preservation at all. Now if you actually take steps to store it, such as sealed bail-top containers, freezers, etc it will maintain its quality much much longer.

I buy for the office, rather than just myself, so at 4 pots a day or so, we don’t have it hang around all that long.

I like dark beans like French Roast. Which assortment would be the best for me ? The Spro pack looks good but decaf ? In a combo pack ? Come on !

I have picked this up the last 2 times it has been on woot. We go through it pretty quickly for only being two of us, but even still 4 pounds is a lot so i wrap the packages in tinfoil and put them in the freezer. I have never opened the last one and thought it didnt taste fresh. I find that cheap coffee and k cups taste like bad coffee. starbucks, duncan doughnuts ect. coffee tastes like good coffee. then there is stuff like 1000 faces where it doesn’t just taste like coffee, you can really pick out the distinct flavor elements

Some folks believe in a freezer, some folks believe in a vacuum sealer. We recommend, if you’re not about to grind and brew you coffee, to store in an air tight container. The most economical and accessible of which is the trusty mason/canning jar. Pour your beans in the jar, screw the lid down tight, and store in a cool, dry, dark place. Like a pantry.

Your beans should be ok for a few weeks. If kept air tight, the beans will have a hard time off gassing and thus releasing may of their aromas and flavor.

All that said, my mother sometimes hangs on to our coffee for months (she lives in Europe) and when I see her and brew some, it still tastes a thousand times better than store bought, long shelf life stuff.

We’d recommend THE DEEP pack. These are you flavors, if you’re into dark. It’ll be a good intro to micro batch profile roasting vs. dark, oily, deteriorated french roasts.

Order placed !

This is what I ordered, I very much look forward to trying these.
Getting properly roasted beans can be a chore.
The first time I had an espresso with properly roasted beans at Blue Bottle, I thought I was going to die, it was so good.
Everything I read about your beans leads me to believe that you guys take a lot of care in what you do as well.

Thanks for all the comments about brewing in a Keurig. I’ve ordered a four pack and some ekobrew cups to give it a go!

sigh anyone else’s tracking information show it should have delivered and has not left the facility or am i just cursed?