1000 Faces Coffee Winter Collection (4)

Tried looking on the company’s site but didn’t see it. Are these coffees certified Kosher?

The packaging used will not preserve the coffee. Unless you use all this coffee within 2 weeks, the coffee will be stale and taste bad. You would be much better off buying a 12 oz. bag a week from your local roaster.

No, our coffees are not certified Kosher. But for what it’s worth, our good friends and former neighbors who kept strict Kosher in their homes toured our roastery and had no problems bring our coffee into their home.

Thank you for taking the time to voice your thinking. Please allow us to provide you with factual information which might help you rethink your statements.

The coffee we purchase from Brazil and are kindly offering as part of this deal comes from one of the finest producers in the country. While often commodity grade coffees from Brazil are low priced, we are paying top dollar for this speciality coffee. If you would like to read more about this great producer: http://www.1000facescoffee.com/fazenda-ambiental-fortaleza/ Also, please note the price we normally sell it for.

As per the El Joaquin from Costa Rica. This is an amazing coffee. So wrong of you to post it as a “low cost bean.” Last year this small farm took 10th place in the country’s Cup of Excellence (2012.) We are thrilled to have started working with William Hidalgo Vindas and his family this year. This coffee is clean, refined, and has an amazing depth of character. This coffee alone is worth the price of admission to this offering.

Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy what you received from us. Can we ask how you went about preparing the coffee? Maybe we can help out there. We are always happy to work directly with consumers to ensure that our coffee tastes amazing.

Last year we were selected as a National Good Food Award winner for excellence in terms of quality and sustainability. Our coffee was selected blindly by a panel of some of the top coffee professionals in the world.

Working with local roasters is fantastic. Especially if they have good equipment, can source excellent coffee, tell the true story as to where the coffee comes from, and can dial in roasting to hit the peak spot of flavor and complexity. These are all area’s we have developed strict protocols around. We think you will be quite pleased with the quality you receive. At such an amazing deal for such quality, maybe you might think of giving a bag to a friend as a nice gesture? Just a suggestion.

I would say even faster- agreed.

You are clueless about coffee. It’s not about the names.

brad

Thanks for participating in the conversation. When I started reading the comments I wasn’t sure about this, but I might give it a try now.

It looks like your website crashed.

A pound a week, yeah, about right. We do 5# in a month +/- a few days…

I didn’t think you were supposed to freeze coffee beans after they were roasted…Seem to recall something about oil extraction/drying…???

If I were to get a bulk of beans like this, I’d probably throw them in a FoodSaver bag so they can stay vacuum packed until I was ready to use.

Btw…props to 1000 Faces for sticking to the forums and providing intelligent and balanced responses.

$14/pound? Only about a billion alternatives out there at or below this price.

Hats off to the roaster for participation, but at Woot! volumes we should be seeing prices well below “in the wild”.

About 2 years ago I discovered:

Despite the site’s lack of glitz or details on the villagers that picked the beans it’s literally some of the best coffee I’ve ever had. At around $11/pound delivered in small lots.

I also do not understand the logic of the 12oz. bag other than profits… But everyone seems to be doing it.

Jester is right on with this method. I’m a coffee roaster and I’m very detailed and picky about every aspect of coffee and coffee-tasting. I was on the anti-freezing beans bandwagon for a long time until I saw the results of a blind taste test by several testers including a tasting judge for the SCAA regional barista competitions. In their tests they found no difference in flavors or body with beans that were frozen using a similar protocol as above and freshly roasted beans. After trying it out myself I found that I had to agree. Even for picky types of extraction such as espresso brewing I found no difference in body, flavor, crema, etc… when pulling shots on my Expobar Office Pulser heat-exchanger espresso machine after grinding on a Mazzer Mini grinder. What I do typically is order a bunch of 12oz bags. My roaster packs them in sealed bags with one-way valves that do not let air in. I put these bags in the coldest part of my freezer separated from food and take out one bag at a time with positive results, never placing a bag back in the freezer once removed.

That’s the thing though - once you remove a sealed bag of beans from the freezer you do NOT put it back in. This method above is different than keeping your beans in the freezer as you use them like some people do. That’s a no-no that will NOT preserve flavor and body.

Last time I ordered this deal from 1000 hands I was very pleased with the coffee. The only nitpick was that the bags were not sealed. They were just rolled up and closed. I’ve ordered from many, many third wave roasters and I’ve never encountered unsealed bags.

I should never simply “glance” at the screen when reading. When my brain read “1000 Feces Coffee” I knew I had to double check that one though. I’m glad I was wrong :slight_smile:

Yeah, that will be the Kopi Luwak Woot that they’re saving for next week.

I’m intrigued. I almost shrugged this off, due to the price, but after reading some of the comments (especially from the seller), I’m thinking about biting the bullet.

I’m used to $7-10 bags for D’n’D, Starbucks or Gevalia, so this isn’t exactly a steal for me, but hey… if it’s as good as you say, I might as well try it. Gotta’ be as good as or better than the usual.

Good to know, thanks!

Just depends on your brew technique whether you’ll tell a difference or not. Are you grinding right before bewing using a quality burr grinder and brewing at appropriate temperatures with about 2 tablespoons of beans per 6 to 8oz of coffee? If so then you should notice a quality difference between this and the ones you mentioned.

If my calculations are correct, it looks like you’ll be set for 28 days (or more, depending on your dosing)!

When it comes to keeping coffee fresh, we recommend putting it in an air-tight container and storing it in a relatively cool, dry place like a kitchen cabinet.

Hi! We base our prices according to what we are paying our producing partners. This is typically done and a blind SCAA scoring assessment and in competition with other top roasters. Low priced coffee means that low prices were paid to the producers. Coffee farmers need to be paid more for their labor. Great coffee is ten times harder to produce then great wine.

Our switch to 12oz. was based on freshness. We felt that consumers would enjoy our coffee more having this portion rather than 16oz. It also lows the price point for them. It has nothing to do with profits.

Thanks for the great questions!