Jamo S 807 Floorstanding Speakers (Pair)

Jamo S 807 Floorstanding Speakers (Pair)

I snagged a pair of these the last time they were up for sale on Woot to replace the low-end bookshelf speakers I was using for my TV and turntable.

These speakers are a great value especially if you hook them up to a quality receiver. They’re at their best if you spend even just a couple minutes getting the distances and levels dialed in properly for your individual setup (look up a guide online and/or read the manual to see how it’s done)

Only downside is the packaging they ship in from the factory doesn’t do the best job of protecting them in transit.

The housings for these are made of thin particle board and are padded by only a very thin layer of foam sheeting around the sides in the thin cardboard box they ship in that does virtually nothing to prevent whatever bumps into the box from scratching, denting and punching holes through the speaker housing.

My case was fairly mild and it was just a small dent on the side of one speaker that doesn’t affect the function and I was able to conceal it with some careful placement. When I brought it up to Woot support they did offer a pretty good discount even though it’s really Jamo’s fault for cheaping out on the packaging.

Don’t just take my word for it. There are MANY documented instances of these arriving with bumps, dings, dents and scratches on the housings if you read the Amazon reviews if you wanna look. I’d even go so far as to say you have roughly a 50/50 chance of them arriving with at least some damage sustained in transit.