Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote - 2020 release

Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote - 2020 release

2 Likes

This thing rocks!
Bought this for our downstairs TV. Setup was a breeze, was able to connect to my router, setup Netflix, Amazon Video, Amazon Music, Disney+ and all the rest of my apps and channels in about 30 minutes. Much faster than my old Roku, picture is perfectly clear on my old JVC TV.
Just take your time and follow the instructions step by step

3 Likes

Interestingly enough, I’ve had a different experience compared to the person above me; after about a year or so the Firestick I had got so slow it was painful to use.

Add to that that the Firestick is basically a GIANT advertising platform for Amazon I went back to using a Roku (yes, they have a giant ad on the right hand side, but that’s it.)

Just my 2 cents.

Yer 2 cents are worth a lot more than you give yourself credit for! I agree the ads are a displeasing pain in the ass, especially since they blocked my launcher which blocked their crap like smarttube does to youtube. Ya pays for prime, ya buys the stick ya gets spammed on the home page really?

Anyway I purchased this just for the remote, again the new remotes have 4 buttons worth of advertising on them that I don’t want so an old remote works fine without the ad buttons that I unintentionally press.
Yeah I’m a boomer and a right to complain.