Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Iron Set

Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Iron Set

The listing says it’s a set of 8 clubs, but then says 8 iron - PW, AW. That’s only 4 cubs. Which clubs are included in the set? Is it 4 iron - AW? 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, AW? Anyone know?

1 Like

From normal sources, yes. Not sure why these omit SW.

1 Like

To someone who ordered the clubs from woot, what was in the package? 8,9, pw, aw and some other wedges (less then 8 clubs). What is the incorrect/misleading part of the ad?

1 Like

I recognize these words as English, but I have no idea what you people are talking about.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Typically Golf Clubs, especially irons, are sold in sets of multiple clubs with varying lengths and angles. This product states that the set has 8 clubs in it and specifically calls out an 8-iron, PW (Pitching Wedge), and AW (Approach Wedge). This leaves 5 clubs of unknown status in this set.

Most commonly the nomenclature would be something like: “8-club set 4-9, PW, AW” or similar. This would really benefit from someone at Woot! providing some clarification as to exactly what other clubs are included beyond the 8, PW, & AW.

2 Likes

Oh! Thank you! Someday I think I’m going to start golfing, I need to get out and walk more. It also seems to be what guys my age do lol

2 Likes

Need a precise list of what clubs are included in this set, please. I’m not sure which specific clubs are included. Thanks!

@ThunderThighs please :smiley:

She’s probably already on it.

1 Like

This is 4 clubs, not 8 clubs as advertised.

Amazon/Woot should fix this.

1 Like

Hey all,

I brought this up yesterday before the sale. We’re flipping this from Amazon inventory so we don’t have information on them. Everything in the database on Amazon says that it’s 8 pieces… repeatedly.

Number of pieces: 8
Number of eaches: 8

Of course, if you don’t get 8 pieces, please reach out to Woot Customer Service.

And on Amazon:

1 Like

Dicks Sporting Goods:

You don’t suppose they’re counting those little what? Stick-on putter things as pieces? That would bring the count up to 8

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/callaway-mavrik-irons-19cwymmvrkstl4pwwirn/19cwymmvrkstl4pwwirn?camp=CSE:DSG_92700067411427442_pla_pla-4582833212196006&msclkid=578dfd496a6c1c35fc2a9f1921240332&gclid=578dfd496a6c1c35fc2a9f1921240332&gclsrc=3p.ds

It specifically says 8 clubs.
“Set of 8 Clubs: 8 Iron - PW, AW”

• either the “8 Clubs” part is wrong, or the “8 Iron - PW, AW” part is wrong.

I assume it should say
“Set of 8 Clubs: 4 Iron - PW, AW”. That would provide 8 clubs, and be a fairly typical set of Irons at a good Wooty price.

1 Like

Ok, sounds like go ahead and order. Woot customer service is stellar so no worries there.

Here’s a good one - I ordered the set of eight clubs. What arrived was a box with one club with the shaft snapped in two. I have ordered many (too many) things from Woot/Amazon and have never had a problem (and have rarely written a review).

Customer service did their job and arranged the return but could not explain how this happened. The box was in good condition on arrival with no signs of tampering. I wonder if it was someone’s last day and this was their parting gift. The worst thing is that by the time I received my “package”, they were sold out. It did look like a good deal, too. Oh, well…