Yamaha 7.2 Receiver with 8K HDMI & Dolby Atmos

Yamaha 7.2 Receiver with 8K HDMI & Dolby Atmos

1 Like

Is the HDMI board on this receiver fixed or still requires fixing?
Referring to this issue:
https://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/2020/2020_avr-hdmi-caution.html

[MOD: This is fixed by Yamaha during the refurbishing process.]

It will require the update, however i did read that another woot customer sent theirs in and said it came back updated in less than 10 days. Its not a requirement unless u plan on playing games at 8k i believe.

What a ripoff…they just keep on increasing the price on these refurbs! You can get it brand new at Costco for same price right now!

3 Likes

The HDMI fix mentioned above is fixed by Yamaha during their refurbishing process.

1 Like

So I’d like to order one and from the comments I have read these receivers are refurbished with the hdmi bug hardware corrected, is that accurate? Thanks

That’s what it looks like. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

What does it sound like?

I want to say “a rocking deal”, but then I’d need to roll my eyes at myself.

I bought one. The HDMI has since, completely shut down and wont even pass through. I have not read about the bug, but this sucks. Returned.

1 Like

Bought one earlier in the month, sounds fantastic and comes with the updated 2.1 HDMI board from the factory. Great so far and upscales to 4K very well! This thing is ready for that new 120 frames per second TV and console.

1 Like