101 Wines Book Signed By Gary Vaynerchuk

Sent one to my uncle, who joined my dad as an official life-long wine afficionado.

:0)

This is what I hate about the wine world - hype surrounding what other people think. I’ve never seen this in beer. Why should I care what he, or Mondavi, or anyone else thinks? Go away.

I have never heard of Gary or this book but what the hell. Father’s day is coming up and it sounds like it could make a good present. At worst it is better than just a card :wink:

I take it these are autographed rather than to be personally inscribed? Would like to get one with a personal inscription from Gary to a friend if the latter.

Hey, my first wine.woot order is a book. Go figure!

autographed Smartheart.

After looking at the heat map, I was curious why the Northeast (his homebase) wasn’t buying much. Then I realised there’s not many of us who are awake at 2.15a on a Tuesday.

Whatever, I’m in for a sniffy sniff.

Isn’t this where I’m supposed to whine about the book being cheaper elsewhere?

Let’s see… $13.57 on Amazon with free shipping (if I spend another 12 bucks and I can always find a way to spend 12 bucks on Amazon) or $15.99 with shipping on wine.woot. Sure, I could cut the cost per book by buying more copies, but I don’t really have anyone to give the additional ones to.

So is Vay!Ner!Chuck!'s signature and the opportunity to see Montana a little less pitch black for a change worth a couple of dollars extra?

A complete no-brainer, unlike the idea of purchasing William Shatner’s autobiography which is also being released tomorrow. In for one!

Last wooter to woot: chefjef

in for 1.

as an occasional Vayniac i was already considering getting this, but the autograph did it for me. thanks woot!

Buy three and they are just north of $12.50 - I still don’t know what I would do with a book…will need to record Conan tonight (west coast)…decide later…

EDIT: aw screw it - in for 2

101 Wines Book Signed By Gary Vaynerchuk
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: jtcalhoun
Speed to first woot: 0m 37.470s

Last wooter to woot: subwoot

Just thought of someone I can gift this to - think I saw them with a book once…I figure with a free shipping coupon code this will pay for itself - no?

I just want to say I am completly humbled by all the kind words in here and that I am here to answer any questions, I am going to sleep now as it is late and I just had the Conan thing and all but will be up and at it early and should be able to attack this tomorrow at 10-11-12 EST, again thnx for the kind words and if I can answer any wine question I would love to as well!

Hmmm…
I think I will walk down to powells and check it out in the morning and see if its worth while.

This is my very first, but definitely not last, Woot. Wooted this to give to my dad for Fathers day.

anyone know of any good wine classes in the bay area?

So, seriously…Why should I buy your book? You’re clearly a straight-shooter when it comes to the wines you review so I’m curious to know what you have to say about your book.

Still a bug somewhere, I had to place my order twice as well.

soo - any of you west coasters notice if mill ordered this one?

i am glad i read this first. i too had to put my order in twice to get it to process.

I tried 3 times and my order wont place. I know my CC info is good, and I know theres some scratch left in there (not much, thanks to wine.woot)
Help!

You may never have seen this in beer, but we rely on reviews all the time. Cars, movies, electronics, books, music, etc. It seems perfectly normal to seek opinions about wine, especially considering wine is typically more expensive than beer. You can get a six pack of the most expensive beer at a store for about $10-15, but a lot of popular wines cost $25-100 bottle. Of course I will check other’s opinions before I shell out that kind of money, just like I will before I buy a t.v., see a movie, buy a book, etc.

p.s. There are people who rate beers and suggest when to drink them (i.e. with steak), they just are not as popular, due maybe to price, as suggested above.