Keurig K-Supreme Plus Coffee Maker

Keurig K-Supreme Plus Coffee Maker

For what it’s worth, Costco has this but in a starter pack with a water filter, 18 assorted k-cups of coffee, and the reusable k-cup coffee filter, all for $99.99. Yes, you need a Costco membership, but it’s a MUCH better deal that what’s here on Woot!
I’ve had this machine for the better part of a year and love it.

https://www.costco.com/keurig-k-supreme-plus-c-single-serve-coffee-maker-with-18-k-cup-pods.product.100675784.html

9 Likes

I’m not in the market for one but that savings with the extras would more than cover the cost of a Costco membership. Seems like a fine machine. Great post! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Most Costco’s and Sam’s Clubs will give you a free one day membership if you walk in and talk to the Membership Office so if you only want one item you can do it that way. If you don’t make it too obvious you can even do that once a week although if they catch on they will push you back to no more than once a month. Also since both Sam’s and Costco sell RX meds when they ask to see your Membership Card at the front door just tell them you are going to the pharmacy and you can get in for free and pay Membership prices for anything sold at that counter. One last thing if you just tel them you are headed to the Pharmacy without being a Member both will let you buy something you want and check out without being a Member you just have to pay 10% extra on your total bill.

3 Likes

I love the functionality of this machine, but had it less than a year and I was having mechanical issues like output less than the ounces I selected, shutting off mid-pour, and finally it smoking pretty badly. Since it was under warranty, Keurig sent me a new one with no hassles.

Before it came, I researched and my experiences were not unique. One other user discovered that if he tilted the reseviour lid to let a bit of air in, it wouldn’t create a vacuum, which seemed to burn the motor. IDK if that is valid, but I’ve been doing it and haven’t had problems with this replacement machine. It could be a case of pink elephant gun, though.

So, keep all warranty papers, but all the bells and whistles are great!

5 Likes

Go with a friend who is a member and pay them to buy it for you and no need for a membership. I have this machine and got one for my daughter too. Both machines work well.

Our well water negates the use of most “pump” makers vs pour over/french press.

One interesting item was a non-OEM restrictor for Aeropress that makes a much more espresso type shot. The “plug” of grounds can be ejected from the Aeropress cleanly. Not as convenient as a K-cup, but a lot cheaper and landfill friendly for we who drink several cups a day.

1 Like

I’m not on well water (yet), but I imagine this would be fine if you put it downstream of an RO system.

Agreed, Aeropress is an absolute must. I mostly use my Kcup maker to dispense the hot water for the Aeropress. But I can also just throw in a disposable kcup from the “emergency” stash when I’m in a rush.
The only thing I’ve never understood is those “reusable” kcups.

1 Like

Can you use the refillable/reusable “k-cup” with this? The “multi-stream” tech makes me think not since it’s trying to puncture multiple holes and all the reusable ones I’ve seen only have a single hole in the middle.

1 Like

I’ve used this model at my bros house. I like the fact that you hit the buttons that you want and then it heats the water and does its stuff. I would buy one but I still have two of the original dinosaurs. My first one would only pass water through until the tank was empty. Keurig support suggested to throw it away and buy a replacement. I didn’t like that idea. I still bought a replacement dinosaur which they offered me at a great low price. A year later, the “broken” one was still sitting around and I remembered that it was never cleaned. Poured vinegar in the tank until it came out and unplugged for 30 minutes. After that, it worked. I still have both.

tl;dr
Old models you have to heat the water first before making the coffee, and the motors in them sound like a soft roar.

I have this Keurig machine and used the reusable device which came with my machine to use up the ground coffee I was using before I bought it. It works well but is more time consuming than popping in a k-cup. Made a good cup of coffee. Need to remove a part of the Keurig to insert the reusable coffee pod. Simple to remove and to reinsert for a k-cup.

1 Like

You can get the reusable pods which have 5 holes on Anazon. I believe mine came as a 2 pack.

1 Like

I dont have to remove anything to use my reusable pod. Just have to be sure you put the square cutout over the spout in the bottom.

1 Like

I have this same model. On my second one. The first one stopped working after using their clean solution and it over temped and stopped working. I called Keurig and they nicely sent a replacement.

So i like to tinker, I took the first one apart, found the temperature safety switch, pushed a paper clip into the hole and it popped back working. Put the case back together and this thing works nicely again.

Come to find out the cleaning solution interferes with the water level sensor/float and it doesn’t know it’s out of water then it keeps chugging trying to fill it with non existent water and it throws the high temp switch and kills the machine.

After looking at the case design, a carefully drilled hole in the side of the case should give you line of sight to the temp switch so if you had a flashlight and long hardy wire (giggle) you could reset it, then use a nice plug to fill the hole(giggle snort). Then you could reset it if it ever happened again.

Very important cause I like my coffee.

5 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I had bought ours thru Costco, so I just exchanged it for a new one.

Great info on the cause and on the fix!

1 Like

I bought a membership from Groupon for 19.99 and it covers 2 people. I split it with a coworker. :relieved:

Costco has a great return policy. I used to have a membership until I moved too far away from them and Sams was closer. Sams returns used to be as good, but people ruined it and now it is limited.

Where did you drill the hole to access the thermal reset?