Apple iPhone 12 Mini (Your Choice)

Apple iPhone 12 Mini (Your Choice)

Darn it woot, Iā€™m going on vacation tomorrow.

Is there a way I can buy one and have it shipped in three weeks?

1 Like

No, sorry. Send it to a friend or family member? Work?

2 Likes

Can this phone be used with Verizon wireless?

3 Likes

Itā€™s fully unlocked, so yes. Never hurts to check with them first, of course.

2 Likes

Anyone have direct experience with unlocking these US Reseller Flex Policy phones once they have been activated? It seems that people have had terrible experiences and largely unsuccessful experiences with unlocking these phones. Lots of complaints about these US Reseller Flex Policy phones from Best Buy. It sounds like itā€™s potentially even worse if the phone is first activated on mvno carriers since now you have to try and deal with the underlying carrier (Verizon, T-mobile, AT&T) with whom you donā€™t have a direct account. Anyone have a positive experience? Thinking about getting this for son on Visible - which seems like it might be a better unlocking experience since they are owned by Verizon. This may not work so well with something like Mint that isnā€™t connected to T-mobile. Thanks for any input.

2 Likes

Going through the unlock hassle with TMobile now. Ticket has been with them for 5 days with no new info (granted the 4th of July Holiday).

Reading horror stories online of people not being able to get these things unlocked.

Sorry to hear - thought long and hard before purchasing. Did you activate with T-mobile initially? Decided to take a chance - read online that if you have a Verizon MVNO, if you activate with the MVNO Sim first (like Visible), the phone will not work with Verizon or any other Verizon MVNO, but if activated with a Verizon Sim first, then the phone will work with Verizon, Visible, and any other Verizon MVNO. Had son activate with a friendā€™s Verizon Sim, but havenā€™t had son swap Sims to verify. Please post your unlocking experience, keeping fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

Yea I immediately put my Tmobile SIM in when I got it.

Still no dice. IMEI shows locked when checking at another carrier, and shows ā€œSIM Lockedā€ in Settings ā†’ About. Tmobile keeps saying try again in 24 hours, 48 hours, 24 more hoursā€¦ each time we contact them.

I am thinking to open a ticket with Apple next. I have read mixed results of that working when a carrier isnā€™t willing/able to unlock it.

Ok, finally got it unlocked. Took pestering them a bunch over the course of a couple weeks but now I have no SIM restriction!

Awesomeā€¦ So TMobile finally unlocked and did not have to contact Apple? Did you purchase the phone from Woot or from another retailer. Some online posted that they had to prove that the phone was purchased at ā€˜fullā€™ retail to get it unlocked. When purchased from Best Buy, the receipt would show the IMEI or other unique identifier - from Woot, no such detail. Thanks!

They asked where I purchased it (Woot) but not for a copy of the receipt. I donā€™t know if they went to apple on the back end.

Thanks for sharing your experience and glad to hear that it is at least possible to get the phone unlocked when activated with Tmobile. I will keep my fingers crossed for if/when son decides to move away from Visible/Verizon.