MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics Card

MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics Card

Not worth $100 let alone $229. You can get a 6500XT for this price range which absolutely will crap on the cards that already absolutely crap on the 1050ti; like inception level crap on.

6500 XT has dropped as low as below $199 multiple times in the last few months at NewEgg and Microcenter.

1050ti was under $160 a year ago and Woot used to sell the over clocked version for $99 three years ago.

Hell you can get a 1650 SC straight from EVGA for $160 which will also crap all over a 1050ti. Use code “SG6LFX7LRLICR2Y” and it’s only $155.19

ASUS Dual AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT OC Edition 4GB $229

2 Likes

I agree, this is a seriously bad deal. I know GPU pricing is crazy, but it has been getting better.

Also for reference, when this card was released in 2016 (about 5.5yrs ago) the price was $140.

4 Likes

wow. the List Price definition does not inspire trust. “List Price means the suggested retail price of a product as provided by a manufacturer, supplier, or seller.” or seller?

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

1 Like

It’s the price provided by the manufacturer.

Rumor has it its a totally made up number.

1 Like

no dude, look at the woot description of “list price”. Hover over “List price” using your mouse. It’s literally verbatim.

literallyVerbatim

Dude I’m on mobile.

It’s a fake price.

1 Like

well that we agree on. I’ll try and just stick to facts and let you all draw your own conclusions.

atm this same card is selling for $200.54 on amazon, via the MSI store. Their list price, MSI, is $239.99. If you look at price history:

Amazon
-lowest $154.25 (05/05/2020)
-highest $309.99 (10/21/2021)

3rd party
-lowest $145.99 (10/18/2019)
-highest $599.99 (04/18/2021)

Where does $399.99 come from? What kind of seller? MSI? Amazon? nope.
This card went from ~$240 to ~$190 for the last month, and now it’s somewhere in between.
It’s an older card, there are newer cards for ~same price, the list price is most definitely made up.
But if the list price is fake- so is the savings…

It’s a made up price; never trust it. Woot should honestly just do away with it as it certainly leads to a false sense of a big discount. It’s marketing at best. Sadly it works on many but I don’t see it ever going anywhere.

Where I don’t disagree with you, there are far bigger problems on Woot than worrying about an arbitrary fake price and discount percent. Your post does a good job drawing attention to that, so hopefully those capable of learning will learn, and those who aren’t we can’t worry about.

1 Like