SILIGUN Caulking Gun

SILIGUN Caulking Gun

2 Likes

He He He… Caulk…

2 Likes

6 Likes

Is this a “deal”?

1 Like

No not really a deal. Menards has it in stock for $19.99 with a $2.20 mail in rebate.

https://www.menards.com/main/paint/caulks-sealants/caulk-guns/siligun-trade-4-compact-heavy-duty-caulk-gun/sg-4-clk/p-7429806126608912-c-7932.htm?tid=-7145986744922694571&ipos=6

3 Likes

$20 at Home Depot. Don’t waste your time with Woot.

1 Like

Free shipping, versus the cost of gas to go GET it, may have become significant. Don’t overlook the “buy one get a second for approx half off”… and the “push ratio” is only helpful if it gives you better control of how little you can apply.
With the “new” mechanism, going to be difficult to evaluate “easy to clean” - and is that true for applying adhesives too? Go someplace and SEE IT before you commit.

6 Likes

Someone please tell me what’s going on in this picture

5 Likes

12:1 thrust ratio combined with broken furniture.

:man_shrugging:t3::no_mouth:

7 Likes

I don’t use caulk much, but when I do, often more comes out than needed. Not sure I need a high-thrust ratio.

Plus there’s no Bluetooth, so it can’t be very good.

7 Likes

She appears to be caulking a dining room chair…while some sort of long haired pet is in/on the chair?

5 Likes

They need to make a variable-aperature, like in a camera lens, to control the “bead” (caulk output-rate). And yeah, that graphic doesn’t make sense unless you assume she’s trying to caulk something under load (i.e., she can’t turn it over so she has better access). Don’t get caught in “yes, let’s do this the stupidest possible way”.

3 Likes

I noticed that too. This pic is wrong on so many levels. First, there’s no tube in the caulk gun. And, why would anyone be caulking a leg on a chair - in my 60 years I’ve never caulked a chair leg, especially when someone is still sitting in it.

3 Likes

Was one picture caulking floor tile grout lines? What are we doing here?

1 Like

…nor is it gluten free!

1 Like

You know what this space in between my toes needs?
Caulk.

1 Like

I won’t buy it, because I am caulk challenged.

I don’t care what contraption you use, if you can’t finger that caulk smooth it’s a mess. I’ve see caulk uses just stream it out and wipe it smooth with their fingers. When I’ve grabbed caulk, looks like I’m just playing with it and its all over the place. I don’t have the touch to make it work. Then its all over my hands.

For me, handling caulk is messy.

3 Likes

Lay down the beads spit on your finger run it past - end of story.

4 Likes

Need a bowl of cold water to dip your fingers into; use that fluid to slide along the caulk surface. Must NOT give the bead enough time to develop a “skin”, otherwise that just drags and never smooths as hoped.

1 Like

That “no visible tube” is part of their “new tool”. Which may or may not work well. Have to SEE it to trust it. And, can’t be sure, but she MAY be trying to “stick down” the cloth covering the under-chair empty space…

1 Like