Aduro Surge Wall Tower Charging Station W/ 12 Outlets & Dual USB Ports

Aduro Surge Wall Tower Charging Station W/ 12 Outlets & Dual USB Ports

A reminder that these things are NOT safely designed but do work; buy at your own risk

Do tell

1 Like
1 Like

Yyyyup. Looks like they’ve redesigned, adding surge protection, but are still cheap on materials. My real worry is how multiple electrical loads would be balanced.

I , myself, would think they would be fine for wall wart low voltage. the 300 joule rating is poor…

I have a buncha the old style ready to become e-waste , since UL, CE, ect did not take this one bit serious on the defective units and they are past their return window. so I guess will be fun destroying them , although I can think of other ways to burn money

it appears from older threads like this one, that others got the run around about the defective ones, also

problem with wall-warting is that inevitably someone plugs a vacuum in, and oy I’m in the same boat with a good few of these fools-golden oldies

1 Like

Indeed… but when ya live alone…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

These are very dangerous! I did take one of the older models apart and did a video review on Amazon about it. I even wrote Amazon customer service and explained how dangerous these were and they said they were gonna pull the product but they never did. The neutrals and the hots are crossed.

1 Like

They only get away with this because we ALLOW them to. And only until some after action report for a major fire finds one of these devices responsible (and you KNOW that nobody who HAS the information is going to tell the world, understanding who gets sued in this kind of SNAFU). If an informed bystander finds an egregious “Fail” of quality control and safety inspections, this vendor should be shunned until they can PROVE new inspection criteria has been put in place - otherwise it could be YOUR bad-luck to burn up all YOUR Woot electronics, and all your OTHER most precious stuff…
If you’ve already purchased one of these items, consider your risks and possibly investigating the internals.

1 Like

So @ThunderThighs, we keep getting Aduro specific deals; where the heck do they come from? Is there some consumer protection agency we can direct towards their New Jersey office, or are they, as they seem, vaporware vendors fencing cheap stuff from China?

Hot damn. Weird to see, and thank you! I don’t remember a website, but that looks practically professional!