Aduro 6000mAh Dual USB Solar Backup Battery

Aduro 6000mAh Dual USB Solar Backup Battery

It’s cute, and a good backup I’m sure, but unless you leave it on a rock in the sun it’ll never finish a charge by the panel.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this product arrived completely defective. It would not charge using the USB cable nor by solar. Package claims it arrives fully charged, nope was a piece of junk. Luckily, customer service refunded me immediately, but I needed the product and was disappointed in my first purchase experience with Woot being disappointing. I give customer service 5 stars, but the Aduro product line in my opinion I would not trust. Some people depend on their products for safety, and a battery backup needs to be reliable not faulty. Think twice before wasting your time and money on this piece of junk.

8 Likes

This is a terrible product. I bought one over 5 years ago. Now I bought a new one and it still have the same problems today as it did 5 years ago. The solar panel never have soak up enough sun to charge the battery fully. You’ll be lucky to get 2 or 3 out of 4 bars from a whole day charging under the sun. Not good, eventually you will need to use a regular power source to charge it fully. I would not recommend it ever. I wouldn’t be surprised that the solar panel begin to white fade out on this one too as the old one I had did and it will fail to charge again.

3 Likes

I would not recommend this unit. For emergency use only, like many have said, it will not fully charge anything, but as emergency charger, it’ll get you through. BUT with one MAJOR caveat… Can’t leave it out in the sun, the battery overheats and blows up. Yes, you read that right, a solar charger that can’t stay in the sun. I bought 10 of these things and gave them out as random gifts such as xmas, birthdays, etc and at first everyone loved them. 4-5 months down the road, every one of them, where the new owner left them in a window sill or dashboard of the car to maintain a charge and be ready to use, it overheated and the battery expanded beyond the case and had to be thrown away. I’d never buy another one, they’re not safe.

3 Likes

I must have received a fully functional item. When out in the bright sun the left most blue charge light glows blue. However I’m sure it would only charge 20% during a bright sunny day (5 days for a total charge). Best to charge using the included USB cable, just a few hours for 100%. The 4 blue lights will light indicating 25%-100% charge. There’s even a weak flashlight which is better than nothing.

2 Likes

I bought this from woot and it never worked.

I’m sorry for the problem. Did you reach out to Woot customer service?

Sold under many names and various capacities. BigClive tore one apart for our entertainment:

Edit to add - I think the description in the Features really oversells the solar capability. It seems to me the intention is to charge the battery via USB like any other external power pack with the solar panel there to just keep the battery topped up until used without having to leave it plugged in all the time. The single panel is woefully under powered to charge the battery up from dead (or even partial dead) within any reasonable amount of time. Perhaps one’s experience with the product would be improved if reasonable expectations were set from the beginning.

TL;DR - Charge with USB. Leave out on the counter or desk in a brightly lit area, but not in directly sunlight. Use until dead. Repeat.

Avoid.
I bought one in July 2022. I noticed the power depleted remarkably quickly (as if it was really less than 6000mah). When it ran out of juice, I set it in bright summer sunshine for an entire day (12 hours) and found it was still dead. Seems the “solar cell” is just for show.