DeLonghi 700sqft.Portable AC + Heat

DeLonghi 700sqft.Portable AC + Heat

1 Like

Soā€¦ is it wifi -capable or not?

3 Likes

70lbs? hope it has wheels

5 Likes

Yup.

(Please note: I donā€™t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

Hope it comes with an Amazon weight lifter delivery dude to bring it up my stairs!

1 Like

Ignore the Asurion warranty being offered. They donā€™t even cover air conditioners:

For that matter, they donā€™t cover refurbished anything when itā€™s ā€œrefurbishedā€ by an unauthorized third party like this.

5 Likes

What heat type, resistance or heat pump ?

Iā€™ve been digging around for that answer and I canā€™t find one. I just see the BTU rating listed. That and the lack of some kind of ā€œ1500 watts of heating!ā€ lead me to believe it uses the heat pump instead of resistive heating.

Iā€™ve never heard of this, whatā€™s the preferred heating method? Asking for a friend

1 Like

@ThunderThighs ?

2 Likes

I almost bought this but the 14% 1 star reviews, many referencing their unhappiness with Woot, made me change my mind. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi there. From the vendor: Technically, it is Wi-Fi capableā€“ but it requires an adapter that is not included or sold on Woot.

Iā€™ve asked our team to update the listing to reflect this.

2 Likes

Is this returnable?

1 Like

thank you so much for this

1 Like

Hi there. It should be - hereā€™s our return policy:

Hereā€™s our return policy:

Resistance, like an electric space heater, is basically 100% efficient. For ever 1 watt of power it puts out 1 joule of heat. Efficient but takes a LOT of power.

A heat pump is a bit of a miracle device. For ever 1 watt of power it can move 3-5 joules of heat between the condenser and evaporator. Every AC youā€™ve ever had is a heat pump. It takes heat from inside your home, compresses it into a refrigerant and expels it outside.

A heat pump heater is just as efficient. They are the same as an AC but with reversing valves. It will take heat energy from outside and expel it inside your house.

2 Likes

Is this considered a heavy item?

1 Like

I found the comment below in the 1* reviews. Iā€™d guess it uses the heat pump for heat.

ā€œI am using the Heather now is pretty warm but water comes out from under it. Donā€™t know why.ā€

A heat pump heater is just as efficient.

It should be more so. The watts used by the components of the heat pump become heat very quickly which should be added to the heat side of things. I would expect (although I know published numbers donā€™t always play out like this), but a 1500w A/C pushing out 15,000 BTUs of cooling (EER of 10), it should be pushing 20,000 BTUs of heat to the outside (1500w ā†’ 5000 BTUs of heat).

2 Likes

From the reviews the unit ā€˜flipsā€™ and sends cold air outside and hot inside, they warned that you still needed to drain water from the unit in heat mode so it doesnā€™t sound like a simple heater element.

2 Likes