BLACK+DECKER 20V Drill/Driver +30pc. Kit

BLACK+DECKER 20V Drill/Driver +30pc. Kit

1 Like

Is storage provided for every bit, socket, etc.?

It says “ (1) magnetic bit tip holder.”

2 Likes

:laughing: That’s the bit in the bottom left corner of the first picture. That’s not storage. It just lets you swap out bits and hold tiny bits. One at a time.

2 Likes

Looking at the Q&A on Amazon, looks like they come in a holder but it may not hold everything.

1 Like

This must be a great price. A new battery and charger for this is $44.46 on Amazon. OR $38.48 for a single spare battery alone. It would be better and cheaper to buy two deals right here.

2 Likes

Is the 20 volt battery usable on Dewalt cordless tools?

No, they’re completely different.

That said, B&D batteries are very close to the Porter Cable 20V. Even then, they’re not exactly plug-and-play; corners have to be cut (literally; one is angled, one isn’t) and an opposing notch made to make the two fully interchangeable.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

1 Like

I bought a bare B&D trimmer and it was cheaper to buy a drill kit for the battery and charger than it was to buy them alone!

I have owned one of these for a few years now. This price is less than what I paid. Not intended for commercial or daily use but great for those of us who need it for occasion use around the house. Battery holds a charge for a long time and still going strong.

5 Likes

I have other 20V max tools and batteries and was looking for a second charger. And just that is $20 on Amazon for name brand. And the only drill I have is a crappy corded one. So sweet deal for me. In for one.

3 Likes

Is this supposed to be an additional 30% off the listed price? There is a scrolling page on the home screen of the app that says this is 30% off. The item page shows it is 41% off or below MSRP. Is there a code I missed somewhere?

2 Likes

No additional discount is available. We trying to remember where the 30% number came from. LOL.

Guess is that it was off the Amazon price.

Just making it up as you go there at Woot!
I love it!
Fake it til you make it.

I got my B&D today. After charging the battery I gave the trigger a couple of quick pulses. I see sparks in the motor area if you do it quickly. Is this happening to other buyers?? Maybe its the type of motor it has.

1 Like

This is normal for brushed motors. Mine does that too.

2 Likes

Thanks, I haven’t see that in a while. Give out a nice oily singe aroma if you do it too many times. I also didn’t see any warning labels about not using around gas leaks. That would probably be a no no.

Why are you even around a gas leak? Call the gas company.

1 Like

Got one a few days ago. It does the same. Looks like a fire in there and there is a burning oil smell. This is the second one I’ve had the first one bought at hardware store. That one didn’t do this. Definitely need to stay away from flammables.

1 Like