DeLonghi 700sqft Portable AC + Heat

DeLonghi 700sqft Portable AC + Heat

Seems like a good deal. I believe I paid close to $600 for this at Costco a few years back.

1 Like

I had a DeLonghi from Costco as well. Not the exact same model pictured here, but similar in type and shape. These things are LOUD, tend to leak hot air back into the room (the exhaust isn’t very well sealed and the plastic vent tube isn’t insulated), and need to be freeze/thaw cycled quite frequently (meaning the a/c isn’t continuous if needed in a continuously hot room). I had better luck with a smaller window-mount a/c unit that wasn’t as powerful.

1 Like

So close to jumping on this, but too many reviews mentioned dirty and scratched refurbs.

2 Likes

I did purchase one of these from here, same btu & brand in black. No sure if exact same model. Decent deal for the price but it was fairly well scratched on the top of the unit. Also not all that quiet-now & then makes a pretty loud humming noise. Thought this was a higher quality brand but my much less expensive 8,000 btu portable unit I bought new about 4-5 yrs ago seems to cool a lot faster in same size area.

1 Like

So i bought this. 2 major issues:

1. didnt come with the window kit
  2. only blows hot air
    I have emailed cs 2 c how 2 resolve this
    :frowning:

Apparently there were some of these available and bought by wooters. Anyone else have a report on the working condition of their unit?

Customer Service will respond within 24-48 hours to the email listed on your Woot account. Plus this is the weekend so it may take another day.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

@ThunderThighs - calling 2 ur attention

Yep, I saw. Give CS time to respond. As @pepper114 noted above, it is the weekend.

1 Like

Tried 2 reach a cs person 2day but still only email support. I need someone 2 help with how to get this repacked and shipped 4 a return… dont think i can get this kind of help via email 4 such a large and heavy package… i have never had 2 return something this big and heavy
Help please
@ThunderThighs
@pepper114

Give them a chance to respond. They’ll have some options for you.

They did respond via email…retun for refund or check for replacement. But the 2nd option is not available as these sold out, so assume i have to repack and return, right? Am i not getting this right?

They’re offering to check with the vendor to see if a replacement is available. Either way, you will need to return the one you have.

Understood. Thx 4 the update and they sent another email…stating checking with vendor as an option. We still have the box and packaging. This will b a 1st 4 us 2 do a return like this… but as the saying goes, theres a 1st time for everything!

I looked at many brands of portable units online for months and finally came across this refurbished unit. For the price I really didn’t care if it had a couple scratches as long as it worked as expected and it did!!
Our garage isn’t fully completed with insulation so I know when it is done this air conditioner will probably run us out of there.
There are pros and cons with all of them and this is much easier than lifting a heavy unit in and out of our window. It does say that it’s not for garages and if your garage isn’t insulated I wouldn’t expect it to be able to keep up. I’m going to get some wrap to insulate the vent pipe next year since the vent pipe does get really warm but I would assume that all of the units vent pipes get warm. That’s why they are vented outside. I have no regrets with this unit.

1 Like

We returned the defective one 1st received. They replaced it with another refurb. Fingers crossed, this one is working 4 now and will continue or die , hopefully within the warranty period. It was a royal pain 2 do the return. Our refurb unit was 2nd hand 4 sure…previous folks (or woot) just threw a bunch of filler that didnt protect the unit at all. We had 2 add our own filler 2 protect a unit that did not cool. I hope no other wooter gets our damaged unit :frowning: