SENNHEISER HD 820 Over-the-Ear Audiophile Reference Headphones

SENNHEISER HD 820 Over-the-Ear Audiophile Reference Headphones

…if someone buys these… how are they?

1 Like

What are you planning on using them for?

Listening to the words that spoke the universe into existence

Fair enough haha. I have some audiophile friends that like to make fun of these cans. I would love to know what anyone is using to drive them as that has to cost nearly as most as the cans do themselves.

1 Like

Cartoon Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

2 Likes

Someone in Texas actually bought these.

@ThunderThighs, get any new headphones lately? :smiley:

2 Likes

NOT ME!

3 Likes

Someone in Texas can hear the echoes of the Big Bang

Jeez woot, are y’all friends with Crinacle or something? This is quite a lavish headphone

Headphones Mind Blown GIF by Foo Fighters

I have Sennheiser HD 650, and they are amazing. Better then my Audio Technica M50x. I’m using it with HD player, and you can appreciate details of individual musical instruments.

If I want to listen to music while I’m working out or walk about, I would stay with Samsung or Beats headset, which will give “booming base”, but lacks detail, but if you want to feel the detail of every note, this headset is great option.

I don’t have money to spend on this headset with married life with kids, but if I were single, I would definitely have bought one.

This is excellent price at $1500 for they are around $2k.

Good review here.

2 Likes

I’ve been using them for two weeks now and they’ve quickly become my favorite closed-back headphones. Primarily used for gaming as well as music and movies. They appear new and sound great, however, I’m not sure if Sennheiser’s warranty will apply as Woot is not an authorized dealer.

1 Like

Warranty should be good. We’ve sold Sennheiser’s direct before.

2 Likes

At this price they better do my taxes while reenacting a Pink Floyd concert, lasers and all

1 Like

I’m surprised you like them for the price. Base on the specs and review it seems the DT 770 PRO stack well against them and only cost $150.

Side by side comparison of them: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO vs Sennheiser HD 820 Side-by-Side Headphones Comparison - RTINGS.com

This discussion does a good job outlining how disappointing these cans were: WTF - RTINGS.com

2 Likes