HP Z8 G4 Intel Xeon 512GB Workstation

HP Z8 G4 Intel Xeon 512GB Workstation

Ah yes a processor from 2017 for the low low price of $3400. Why consider the i9-12900k with it’s 16c/25T @ 3.20Ghz from 2022 when you can pay $3400 for the 12C/24T@ 2.10 Ghz from 2017!

Nothing like selling outdated and overpriced technology. :clown_face:

I guess those PS/2 and VGA ports and CD-rom drives come at a premium in 2022 eh?

:joy: :rofl:

1 Like

the simpsons kiss GIF

:kissing_heart::lips::kiss::kissing:

1 Like

Per Passmark, a Ryzen 5 3600 (an unlocked processor to boot) embarrasses this with half the cores. They go on sale for $149.

R5 3600
total: 17600
single thread: 2609

Xeon Silver 4116
total: 14931
single thread: 1709

Upgrading to a 12 core Ryzen 9 5900 (to match the dodeca need) would be $500 and get you:
total: 39353
single thread: 3470

Yikes :melting_face:

1 Like

In my opinion, Woot doesn’t understand technology and clearly aren’t interested in learning it to protect their user’s from poor excuses for “deals”. Their person who is acquiring this crap seems to be doing an awful job of checking the quality of the product. I have yet to see any writing on the wall that this will ever change. Welcome to new woot. Enjoy your headache haha.

1 Like

I truly don’t understand how Woot works. Are there third party vendors like the mothership…? Some deals are wonderful and others are obscenely bad.

Business daddy Amazon tells woot what to sell. Woot obeys business daddy.

That’s not true and you know it.

1 Like

Yes, Woot is an independent subsidiary of Amazon. They have multiple vendors along with being offered items to sell from Amazon. They try to be the lowest, but other retailers sometimes lower their prices. You can bring that their attention in the forums and they’ll typically kill their sale.

Please ignore @bsmith1. He once received an exploding kitten expansion pack from here in a mystery deal and he’s never recovered.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

3 Likes

Sometimes woot’s prices reflect crazy high Amazon prices, though. Sometimes the price is high because it’s a third-party listing on Amazon.

I love woot. You should buy stuff from woot

I Control You GIF by Mashed

1 Like

It could have been worse. It could have been actual exploding kittens. Kind of like cat,shirts instead of just catshirts.

sbN51hN

(No kittens were harmed in the writing of this post.)

2 Likes

Thanks, Pepper! :smile_cat:

1 Like

TT + staff + VMs are really awesome about the whole operation. I think blaming them for the purchasing dept and mothership obligations is silly when every time I’ve seen an issue come up with info accuracy, purchase quantities, and prices higher on that other site have been resolved. If there are third parties, then many of these offerings make sense.

Purchasers and those who work with vendors are likely subject to the immense pressures of being a subsidiary of the mothership. Business relations are complex and I really appreciate that Woot staff does what they can when they can. Their hands are tied in many, many ways to one of the most powerful companies in the world. It must be stressful and I thank you all for the hard work you do to keep Woot’s roots intact.

4 Likes

Ok

Cool

This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

See Ya Goodbye GIF by Old Spice

12-core processor

At this price it should be a 32=core processor!

1 Like