ReadyWise 104 Serving Variety Pack

ReadyWise 104 Serving Variety Pack

4 Likes

Typical woot, put pictures of variety pack and show something that isn’t included :joy:

7 Likes

The variety pack is a picture of the bucket.

What seems to be the issue?

In the Box:

• (1) Wise Company 104-Serving Emergency Food Variety Pack Bucket, 5 Pounds

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

7 Likes
8 Likes

I think that the reference is to the picture with both entree packets for cheesy lasagna, and teriyaki rice - Neither of those are among the listed variety, yet they appear in one of the promotional images with the bucket.

6 Likes

Costco has 150 serving version for $99, my local Costco seems to have this occasionally for $70.

10 Likes

Y’all seen food / gas prices / the economy lately? I ain’t telling y’all what to do, but y’all best be stocking up while you can… I’m just sayin’ is all…

11 Likes

My brother has been stockpiling for at least 2 years. When TSHTF you can find me over there helping him defend our redoubt.

10 Likes

Just so long as you’re bringing something to the party :cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

Does anyone know the manufacture date?

2 Likes

Since they’re coming from Amazon’s warehouse, I doubt anyone has anyway of knowing. The one’s I sell come from the factory, so the date is within the past year, but with Amazon… :man_shrugging:

They are good for 25 years, though, so even if they’re a few years old, you’re still golden for the SHTF collapse…

4 Likes

Well if that’s the case…

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Says manufactured 5/2022 in the comments…

5 Likes

How unhealthy would this be to eat as my primary food source for 1 month. That’s WAY less than i spend on groceries. Well 2 probably is more realistic. Still cheaper though especially without driving to buy food.

4 Likes

Very.

3 Likes

Well, with the possible exception of the 24 servings of “whey milk,” (that’s kinda vague), the whole thing is all cheapass carbs and no protein. So maybe you’d lose a little muscle and store up a little fat?

4 Likes

I don’t think you’re paying attention to the calorie content per “serving.” The entrees are 230-ish on average so I reckon this bucket is good for one person for about 3 days.

5 Likes

Just bought this for $69.95 at Costco last weekend.

7 Likes

I bought a Freeze Dryer awhile back because these types of things are simply not packed the way my family would use them AND not really things we’d want to eat (I’ve tried LOTS of diff mfg items). Make what you want that freeze dries well, put em’ in a Mylar bag the size you’ll want to use with a couple OA’s and seal. Then put them in what ever container you think will keep everything else out and it’s shelf stable (if you do it right and keep the fat ratio very low) for up to 25 years. Not paying someone else $100 for crap I wouldn’t eat otherwise.

5 Likes

I also wanted to point out that milk can be a difficult food to have for disasters. The grocery store varieties are typically nonfat and really do not taste much like milk. But I found international groceries often carry El Nido died whole milk and it is much better. Shelf life is likely far shorter that these bucket rations.

Thanks to Taylort5 for the comparison video of Readywise vs Mountain House.

I used Mountain House for backpacking back in the 70s and it was awesome, never tried Readywise. Other big difference of course, is Readywise is meatless. They say the two are similarly priced in big box stores. Hard to find MH on a Woot sale in large quantities. Best bet is to store some of each. And plan ahead for a SHTF meat source, like rabbit and chicken.