DeLonghi 700sqft Portable AC + Heat

DeLonghi 700sqft Portable AC + Heat

Did anybody really buy this for $280? I wish Woot would go back to offering good items.

I was considering it. Is this not a good price? I’m not sure I’ve never been in the market for a portable AC, but circumstances have me looking around.

Hmm… it looks like a good price. I’m trying to find something similar on Amazon. I’m just nervous about reconditioned products. I’ve had some bad luck in the past

This is a decent price. Our AC went out and we couldn’t afford a new one. We spent between 400-700 on different size of these. The $400 being a 700cuft model like this one. So I’m not sure why someone thinks this sounds unreasonable.

1 Like

For the best results, if you can manage a window unit (harder installation, and requires allowance for that size and shape), it will ALWAYS perform better, as in more efficiently, since you stick the whole heat exchange system OUTSIDE, rather than just hoping that some of the exhaust doesn’t cause as much trouble by radiating heat back into your space for the length of tube that needs to get to the window plate.

However, I have had a portable unit as well, and for those places that simply can’t handle a full window unit, or where I need to be able to move things, mine has been fine. It’s a trade-off of efficiency for convenience. And price-wise, you’ll pay more for one of these as well. But if you need it, they can do okay for limited spaces, usually well below their overly optimistic ratings.

This unit, as a refurb, is prolly priced fairly, if it works. As it is, I would look to the Amazon reviewers’ experience and say that it’s a gamble, so caveat emptor - Personally, I would find a friend with a Costco card, and get a new one there. Or do even a Wally World window unit.

2 Likes

These a/c units comes up quite often. DeLonghi must have rented out an entire Amazon warehouse.

For the most part, reconditioned products are actually brand new products without the warranty. manufacturers do that to sell excess inventory.

1 Like

I use to work with a lady who only bought refurbished things because she felt that when you buy new, you had a chance of getting a defective model. Theres defects in mechanisms all the time. She believed that a refurbished item was better than a new one because the problem has been fixed. I’ve bought refurbished items here and been ok. I might just jump on this deal because we’ve been shopping for one and they’re nothing under $500. This one says is cool up to 700 sq ft. And it is also a heater. I haven’t seen an A/C unit that heats as well.

4 Likes

I have 3 of these units I’ve bought over the past 5 years. If I remember correctly, they were not much more than 200 a few years ago. All are still running well. We also use them a lot in the winter for heating. It’s been cheaper to run these instead of cranking up our propane central heating system! Window units definitely work better for cooling, but location and size of of our windows made window units not a good option.

Don’t forget to get one of these! It is like night and day in it’s cooling ability. I have 6 portables, various, most twin hose, and adding these to the exhaust was verified with my Flir Cam that the heat no longer is seeping into the room…
https://smile.amazon.com/DeLonghi-DLSA003-Conditioner-Insulated-Universal/dp/B07X85CTPX

1 Like

In the heat pump mode, it is really lame, sure it works, but then it will give a “P” error, and you have to drain it. PIA , not effective

5 of the units I bought from Woot were refurbs and even after opening them up to inspect, they had no issues, no dirt, broken parts. Not that others have had that experience. I have read on past listings all sortsa horror stories, it is kinda a crap shoot, but I am battin 500 for now

https://smile.amazon.com/DeLonghi-Conditioner-Dehumidifier-Temperature-PACEX390LVYN/dp/B084SY2D84

you can buy a few for the price of 1 new without heat

Ordered 8/4 in the midst of a heat spell. Still has not shipped as of 8/9. I know it will ship and patience is the key, but I want the item. Finally it has shipped!