Heritage Ceramic Pizza Baking Stone

Heritage Ceramic Pizza Baking Stone

How do you know when the stone is at the correct temperature?

Your oven beeps and tells you it’s at the temperature you set it to… that’s my guess. Or get a temperature laser gun.

1 Like

PIZZA PARTY BY @PEPPER114’S HOUSE!

I couldn’t figure out how to reply directly to Barc777’s question about temperature.
A stone takes some time to get up to temperature, so a laser thermometer is nice to have.
I recommend putting it in a cold oven and setting to 550 (or as hot as it gets). Once the oven is preheated, give the stone another 30 minutes for it to get up to temp. If it’s a thicker stone, you will want to wait at least 45 minutes.

Ain’t nobody got time for that. I don’t even let it get preheated on convection mode before I put the Red Barron in there. Then I do the minimum suggested bake time, pull it out, drizzle it in hot honey, and then feed.

2 Likes

Wait, what?.. HONEY? on your pizza? Hmm I’ll have to try that fellow weirdo.

2 Likes

HOT honey. Brand name sir honey with hot sauce in it. Recipes to make your own are on the web. It’s pretty good on pizza.

My pizza stone is not ceramic. Some kind of clay like traditionals. You can spritz with water before warming, and place in over before turning heat on. I warm at a lower temp before turning heat up high. Over time it develops a patina, like cast iron does. I don’t know about this ceramic type. I’d read up on it via the internet.