Apple iMac 21.5" 4K 1TB Desktop (2019)

Apple iMac 21.5" 4K 1TB Desktop (2019)

While this Mac is still supported, with Apple creating their own (M1) CPU, the guesstimated life expectancy of the Intel based Macs probably isn’t going to be very long considering Apple just dropped support for a large chunk of their pre-2017 Macs.

Apple has made it clear that the future is their own CPUs.

Just something to consider as Macs, unlike non-Macs (aka PCs), have a limited support life from Apple for the average consumer.

1 Like

It will be as long as with their other products - five years. Stop creating any panic!

Where does Apple state that they support all of their products for 5 years?

Edit: And if it is 5 years, there’s only ~2 years left of support being that it was released in 2019 and it’s 2022

I just set mine up and it’s a 2017 model, not a 2019.

I’m pretty upset.

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

Thanks, contacted them prior to posting. Have not heard back as yet. Spent hours setting it up and purchased a desk and chair just for this. Feel totally ripped off and disgusted.

I just received my order. It’s a 2017 model, at least the one they shipped they shipped me is.

Sorry to hear - I’m sure that they’ll fix this. Maybe you’ll even get to keep the one you have now! :slight_smile:

I secured a partial refund, but I still feel like it was a bait-and-switch deal, and I’m still miffed as a result.

Did you ask them for a replacement? Not sure if there’s inventory but worth asking. Also, know that you can return it for a full refund.

Apologies for the error.

Maybe I look or sound like I fell off the turnip truck, but I’m well aware of all the options. Not your error so no need to apologize.

Far from my first bad transaction on Amazon or Woot, but an actual bait-and-switch is a new low even for Bezos Co. Although I do have long, long history of witnessing and experiencing all manner of shenanigans from vendors on this largely unregulated and terribly managed marketplace.

1 Like

Turnip truck or not, “bait-n-switch” requires intent. There was no intent here. Just a screwed up order fulfillment.

Are you speaking as an employee of Woot/Amazon or the vendor of this product?

You’re aware of the intent here? Please tell me how?

1 Like

I think TT is saying that no one intended to defraud you meaning it couldn’t be bait and switch.

It was most likely a shipping error and not a “F this guy in particular”.

I’d give TT a chance to fix this one - they’ve fixed worse things in the past.

That person stated unequivocally: “bait-n-switch” requires intent. There was no intent here."

Since there was a demurral on my response to that, it’s reasonably safe to surmise what was stated as fact was just opinion. Had it been stated as an opinion, I would not have even bothered to reply.

This iMac is proving to also be unreliable on top of not being as described so my disappointment only grows. If TT wants to further discuss this, I’m happy to do so.

ETA: Sending it back now. Good riddance.