HP Chromebook 14 Laptop

HP Chromebook 14 Laptop

Hey woot, where’s the End of Life date??

If everything is correct, this device went End of Life in June of 2019.

WARNING - DO NOT BUY

Device is End of Life; this means no more security updates / bug fixes / etc will be released for this device. If you are looking for a Chromebook that will “just work”, this is not what you’re looking for.

Note that new Chromebook/box devices come with six and a half years of updates (from the date of release).

If you’re looking for a Chromebook to tinker with and know what you’re doing, carry on.

Screen resolution isn’t the greatest, and even though this isn’t an expensive device we’re at the point where a 1080p screen is NOT an expensive part to manufacture.

It’s 2027, I’m looking at the silver model now (which I paid 114.99 for with the same specs). Ad said 2029, but chromeOS says 2027 and it’s the same model #.

So, it will last a while, but I guess the pric3s vary wildly. I bought this from woot exactly a month ago, it was listed as 50% off of list. Maybe there is a much higher price for white models?

I can tell you that it’s quick (quad core celeron is more than enough for running chrome), feels and looks well-made, and while I dislike trackpads, this one is consistent and seems to track well.

Also, there’s a 14" with twice the RAM and storage, with Win10 installed, and a slightly faster processor (N5030 vs N4120) for 11 bucks less, you could put ChromeOS Flex on it. Also under the liquidation sale.

I got my chromebook because I thought it sounded really solid for the price. I wouldn’t cry at 287 bucks retail for the build quality, but almost tripling in exactly a month with the only difference being the case color makes me chuckle.