Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (1st Gen - no volume controls)

Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (1st Gen - no volume controls)

1 Like

Would the remote in this work for the Firestick 4K? I’m thinking to buy this to use the remote control.

2 Likes

So can I push the Alexa button and say set volume to 7? Or so on?

1 Like

I couldn’t imagine why you couldn’t do that. I’m thinking about getting this just as a backup remote in case I ever lose mine as my fire cube will lets me change the volume with my voice anyways

2 Likes

would this remote work with echo units?

1 Like

I bought 2 of these. I’ve already reached out to woot trying to do a return. Been giving me problems. Even after running updates and etc, they just don’t want to work properly. You get what you pay for on these ones.

2 Likes

The one I bought comes on, but will not recognize the remote. I even tried my other remotes.

1 Like

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Please allow at least 24 hours for them to respond.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.).

1 Like

Does it bring up the pairing screen? For mine, I had to hold down the home button for like 10+ seconds before it paired with the stick during initial setup.

6 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, that just worked for me!

Totally looking forward to getting this. Little one decided that thew PS4 needed…flying lessons…and now we can’t watch bluey…

I’m so happy you put this on there because mine just came in today and my parents screen came up and luckily I remember what you would post it and that totally worked perfectly for me

Yes but you wont have the volume buttons

You can say turn volume up or turn volume down but it wont go to a given said number like 7.

I tried it again this week and it worked. I used a different remote and network though.

So I tried, again, to get a First Gen (I need it for the remote) and got a newer one with the volume controls. While I appreciate the dedication to deliver ‘better’, I kind of wish it wasn’t attempted here. :slight_smile: Also, the remote looks like someone rubbed it in direct and attacked it with a knife out of vengeance… kind of shocking. I will be reaching out, but just throwing that out there for others ordering. If you just want a cheap FireTV stick, this should do it nice. Shipping was also super fast… like strangely so, like it was here the literal next day. If you want, specifically, a First Gen then it’s looking like it might be better to just order a third party plastic junk controller. :frowning: