Winix C545 4-Stage Wifi Air Purifier

Winix C545 4-Stage Wifi Air Purifier

What are the four stages of Wifi Air Purifying?
How do I know if my current Wifi is purifying enough? What stage would it equate to? Do you have an app or a way to gather data via a test procedure for me to determine whether I need this 4-stage Wifi Air Purifier?

2 Likes

This is a decent air purifier for the money. To really clear a room, you need to run it at a high speed and it’s fairly noisy.

The WiFi is a bit tricky to set up and requires an account and internet access to run. If your internet access is interrupted or even gets slow, the connection will be broken and you’ll have to press a button on the unit to reconnect. I have some WiFi light bulbs that do not have the disconnection problem. The UI on the app is also awkward IMHO (no groups, fixed room names, too many taps to do things), but it’s usable. Alexa connection works ok as long as the unit is connected to the internet.

But the price isn’t so good. Costco has these on sale new right now for $99.99 with two year’s worth of filters, full warranty, and a great return policy. The filters cost over $30 for a year’s worth, soooooo…

12 Likes

I’m curious where you found the Winix C545 at Costco. Was it in the store? I just looked at Costco.com. They have the replacement C545 filter packs for $34.99 after a $15 discount. They have the newer C555 filter for $229.99. I didn’t see new C545s. I’d love to buy a new one if you can tell me where I can find them. Thanks!

1 Like

https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html The price is $99.99 online after the $30 manufacturer’s savings" for the next 3 weeks. I haven’t seen one recently in my local costco but like everything else, your mileage may vary. Note that it doesn’t come with an additional year of pre-filters, just one more of the main filter; nothing to buy a costco membership over. I’ve bought 3 of them over time and none have had problems, they clean the air well for the price, and the wi-fi is just a gimmick since most people will either leave them on low or activate them when they feel the need.

6 Likes

The units from Costco do come with 2 years worth of filters. 2-HEPA, and 8 Charcoal filters. Click View More on the Product Details.

6 Likes

Not everyone has a Costco. Closest to me is 75 miles away, so this is a valid option for the great unwashed.

2 Likes

Master of the obvious. But many (most?) folks have friends. And relatives. With Costco memberships (half the country?). Who could very easily have it direct-shipped to those folks who are not lucky enough to have a Costco nearby.

I’d be willing to (edit typo) have one delivered to you (and you only) if you prepay me.

(Note, ironically, you might not have a Costco nearby, but you’re in effect still benefitting by buying this Woot deal since these are clearly Costco “buyers remorse” returns.)

1 Like

There’s still a lot of areas without Costcos including 4 states. This is the 2022 map.

3 Likes

I have 4 of these Winnixes from Woot. They are great. Over two years now. I buy the highest MERV filters in BJs, 4 pack around 30 bucks and cut them down to size. I get 3 cut Filters in one panel. So your talking 12 filters for 30 bucks. MERV also rids 99.99% of air.

1 Like

True,… and what is the population density of those areas without a Costco?

Certainly the folks who find Amazon staple goods prices to be “reasonable” are a primary buyer profile for those Amazon goods. Rural locations without real local retail competition. A need is filled.

But for more pricey stuff like this air cleaner - do these same rural dwellers not have friends or relatives with Costco memberships?

1 Like

Yes. We do not. Because why the heck would we?

Most of my friends and family live near me. They have 0 need for a $60 membership to a business that’s not in our area.

Or are you suggesting I visit a relative 200 miles away just to mooch from their membership? Yeah I don’t think so.

That’s clever. Does the Winix air cleanliness LED meter respond to those aftermarket filters in the same way as with OEM filters? (Do they actually work?)

1 Like

OK, so you do not have friends or relatives anywhere in the US who live near a Costco. So be it. Seems like half the country does have memberships. They don’t have to live near you. You did understand I said the friend or relative can have it drop shipped anywhere in the country to you, right? We’ve done it several times. Works like a charm.

Gross.

2 Likes

This is a weird argument going on here.

Sure most of us could do what you suggest, but most of us are not frugal enough to keep track of which friends/family have a Costco membership, and then go about asking them to drop ship us products so we can save $5 over Woot’s pricing… on an air purifier.

3 Likes

Simple. Used Woot item, from who knows what “gross” (@pepper114 word) smoky/pet environment vs brand new, no need to source more filters for two years item.

Many Woot shoppers are that frugal, BTW. It’s more than simply saving the money, it’s the game!

1 Like

No kidding. Heaven forbid it arrives damaged and you have to inconvenience your family/friend to arrange a return. I don’t know what their return policy is, but you’d better hope your great aunt’s third cousin twice removed reimburses you if they’re out of stock. Which they will be, since everyone shops there.

I doubt you’ll get invited back to the family reunion.

With friends like that…

What is so magical about Woot shippers that they don’t damage goods? Costco’s return policy is a lot more friendly than the 30 day Woot policy.

Nothing against Woot Customer Service, there’re great. With both Woot and Costco.com (shipped), when we’ve had an issue with the product, both have said “keep it” after crediting it back. But still, you’re really grasping at straws…

Chill. If you don’t like the Costco option, don’t do it! It might work for others. Nobody is forcing you!

[I edited my comment to make it more civil.]

Please keep this discussion civil, please. Thank you.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes