12V Portable Air Compressor Pump

12V Portable Air Compressor Pump

Read the reviews…

So I see in Amazon’s reviews that two people had issues, one a full defect and another was the quick tire connector broke.

I purchased a tire pump that looks identical to this one. I think the brand on the orange and black label was Taclife and fifty bucks, but it is out in the truck and I’m not going to go out in the cold to verify. Can’t find it in Amazon or newegg history. I have a tire with a slow leak and every week or two, I have to pump it from 15-20 back to 45 pounds. Tire fixers have not been successful finding the leak, so I’m waiting until I need a new set and will get new valve stems with tires. So for the past two-plus years I’ve been using this pump once every two weeks (or more) to re-pressure one tire. Once in a while I go around and top off the other three corners.

I like the little (cpu-sized) fan in the head-end that helps keep the valves cool. I have found that other pumps get hot and can’t always handle the higher pressures and volumes of bigger 4x4 tires. This one does, though it sometimes has trouble going all the way to 48 pounds. When that happens, I pop it off the tire and let it cool for a couple minutes (powered on) and go some more. I also am gentle with the angled quick connect, handling by the metal part. And I let it cool (plugged in to 12v) for a minute before packing it away. I am careful where in the bag I put the disconnect, with the lock handle folded away.

I’m going to buy one of these as a spare and stop by my bike or automotive store to see if I can find a spare replacement quick connect. But I like this style pump. If you get one, run it for 10-15 minutes a couple times in the first week to do the QC check you always wonder whether the Chicoms did.

1 Like