King Kong Magnetics Magnet Fishing Kit 400lb capacity

King Kong Magnetics Magnet Fishing Kit 400lb capacity

1 Like

perfect for catching steelhead trout.

2 Likes

This is so ludicrous but I want one

4 Likes

I just got mine. Quite disappointed in what they say is a 400 lb strength magnet. Tried picking up metal gym weights. Couldn’t get above 20 lb. Only thing that’s 400 lb this thing’s going to pick up is another magnet that is much stronger than this one.

4 Likes

Were they under water?

3 Likes

Check your local regulations before spending money on something you can’t legally use (like I did). It’s illegal to magnet fish in the state of SC, because “you might disturb something historical”.

1 Like

Actually should pull 400 lbs, **BUT **you need to make full face contact, with no dirt or corrosion reducing the surface contact area. So if you stick it on a FLAT piece of sheet steel (not a non-magnetic stainless steel) you would find you need to slide it to get it off. But you will have to poke around a bit to find something large, smooth, flat and unpainted. So not very likely to pull a 400 pound rusty anything out of the drink. And as to legality of magnet fishing, most states have more garbage in their waterways that they are quite happy to have you remove at no cost to them. A few states have restrictions because they have a long maritime history of significant “wrecks & battles”. I was questioned once as to if I knew “magnet fishing is illegal here” and informed the LEO that we were trying to retrieve an anchor that had broke loose… and said anchor would already “have disturbed” anything historical / natural significance.

7 Likes

Ah yes the finger snapper 400! Great for finding other people’s fishing trash. Don’t forget your tetanus shots!

1 Like

400lbs?! If I snag something that is 399 lbs then the only thing that’s going to happen is there will be a magnet attached to the item for the next magnet fisher using a crane lol.

I love “treasure hunting” but I think much of that is because of the change to actually find treasure. Like I have metal detected at the beach, parks, dry riverbeds and actually found gold in the past (jewelry and placer). I can’t imagine too many treasures that I could find with a magnet in a lake though… Just imagine old corrosded sunglasses and keyrings lol.

Anyone done this and found anything neat? I guess those in historical regions might have more interesting things to find maybe?

2 Likes

Can never have too many rusty bike frames!

1 Like

Why do some pictures say 1200 pounds?

1 Like

Probably imported over from a multiple choice sale and the picture didn’t get removed.

2 Likes

My friends have one and here in Colorado we just get a lot of small rocks, so I guess they have some trace metals. Got a couple of fishing hooks as well. But the real catch was the dream that was in us the whole time, or some crap like that.

3 Likes

Within the last year someone pulled a gun from the Ohio & Erie Canal in Downtown Akron. Probably not a fun time because it’s a call to the police and they’ll want to look through whatever else you may have found to see if it’s possible evidence of a crime.

4 Likes

What I want to know is

Are the fish you can catch with a magnet good for eating :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

States where everything of historical significance is under water in the river for 20 Alex

2 Likes

What is Atlantis? We should claim it and make it a state.

2 Likes

The rope may handle 400lbs.
The magnet - less than 20lbs.
How misleading,