Moto G Stylus 2020 - Indigo - Made for US

Moto G Stylus 2020 - Indigo - Made for US

1 Like

Not a terrible deal. At 100 bucks You could pick up something like a used Pixel 4a or s10e, maybe an LG velvet.

Tcl has a new budget phone with a stylus, but I think it’s mostly designed to use with a prepaid carrier like MetroPCS.

All of that said, you got to think this thing is probably already had its last major update.

2 Likes

(Will post this in both sales today)
Motorola makes some great budget phones, and my household has been using nothing but since 2017.

PROS

• Almost stock Android (a priority for me)
  • What isn’t stock is actually an improvement (e.g., chop-chop for flashlight, twist-twist for camera)
  • Good speakers and great cameras for a budget phone
  • Great battery life, by and large (my 2020 Moto G Power still lasts 3+ days)

CONS

• Motorola is stingy with the updates, usually only providing one major bump (if you phone comes with Android 11, you’ll get Android 12 and that’s it)
  • Vibration motors are hit-and-miss (Moto G Power 2020 has a great motor, Moto G Power 2022 has a chintzy motor)
  • Screen brightness could be better
  • Fingerprint readers need regular re-training (memorize the same finger 2-3 times to reduce issues)

This is all from experience with the lower-priced models. Cons are probably reduced with the more flagshippy phones.

5 Likes

Apologies for the confusion, but does Global Unlock mean I can use this in other countries?

I kind of doubt it, but does anyone know if the bootloader (not SIM) can be unlocked allowing these phones to be rooted or flashed with a custom ROM?

1 Like

I have this phone bought on special from T Mobile a few months ago. It’s ok, only gets one major update as per usual for moto. My main complaint is the battery. It takes FOREVER to charge even using the supposed turbo charger, and it’s a huge battery so makes the phone very heavy.

2 Likes

Had this phone from 10/20-12/22. Was good phone with excellent battery life., although a bit heavy, I traded up to and Edge 2022 because Moto Stylus was getting laggy loading apps, and charging port somewhat worn. Also hadn’t received an update since June so Motorola may be done updating this phone. Rarely used stylus once novelty wore off. I would check Motorola for sales and get newer phone that still receives updates.

1 Like