Razer Hammerhead Wired Headphones w/Built-in DAC - Lightning Connector

Razer Hammerhead Wired Headphones w/Built-in DAC - Lightning Connector

2 Likes

I bought two last time. One broke in a day, the lightning connector snapped off. If you read one review from amazon complaining about the same problem, that review has a picture. My second pair is holding up ok so far. These headphones are very loud. With the volume turned on at the lowest setting, it is already loud enough for an audiobook. With my stock Apple lightning, I would have to turn up to 5 to an equivalent loudness. My mom complained of not being able to hear me on the phone when using these headphone. When I switched back to the stock Apple, she could hear me just fine.

7 Likes

Time has really moved on, I actually had to think it through . . .“wait, now there is a WIRE that stays connected to your phone?”

1 Like

Bought 5 of these as stocking stuffers. Great sound, easy-to-use buttons! They work well and are far better on the ears than the usual white plastic Apple ones. Yes, they’re wired- and they’re only $10, so you don’t feel like someone burned your wallet after buying them!

3 Likes

I hate to be this guy but, there are actually a lot of benefits of wired audio. The main issue is the iPhone got rid of the headphone jack way too prematurely.

The 3.5 mm jack is not a proprietary port, unlike a lightning cable. Bluetooth audio is incapable of lossless. You were actually not listening to all the data. It invariably becomes e-waste in a few years at most. The call quality on the best pair of Bluetooth will be way worse than the worst $1 gas station pair of wired. And there will always be latency. Wired audio has zero latency making it perfect for gaming.

And a nice pair of wired headphones doesn’t require batteries or software. Can literally gifted from generation to generation, rather than fill landfills. There’s a reason why AirPods have been called the fossils of late stage capitalism! They are unreparable and will still not be broken down in 10,000 years.

You probably wouldn’t realize it but there is a major growth area for wired IEMs. Crinicle is a channel on YouTube that is growing massively and there are a lot of other similar channels that focus entirely on wired IEMs.

There’s also a huge market that has come up to take advantage of iPhone and Samsung ditching the headphone jack. They have filled the void with high-end Dax dongles and adapters with parametric EQ, balanced connectors etc…

Don’t get me wrong I use Bluetooth probably 70% of the time, but if I actually want to listen to CD quality Hi-Fi audio and pay attention to it I’m using a wired product virtually every single time. (Not a $10 product from Skullcandy mind you but maybe something from moon drop or blon).

And if I have an extremely important job interview or something, I am using a wired pair.

3 Likes

Zoomers are going back to wired headphones.

Got this and I love it. It comes in handy with my iPhone SE 2022 w/battery pack.

There’s nothing to dislike, really. Maybe In different color? Not a deal breaker.

4 Likes