Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Gen) Smart Speaker w/ Alexa

Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Gen) Smart Speaker w/ Alexa

3 Likes

Good $5 trade bait for new Echo devices when a 25% discount is also available for that new Echo device. Be sure to test it after receipt tho or mother Amazon might reject the bait.

2 Likes

I still have 3 of these bad boys in my house running smoothly after 5 years or so. They are just as effective at activating smart devices, playing content (although the new ones have much better sound), and answering questions as the newer models.

3 Likes

Got my 6th Echo Dot 2 yesterday and have been very satisfied with the “used-acceptable” ratings until now. The speaker in the one I received yesterday crackles with voice responses and sounds like static during speech. Guess I will live with it.

1 Like

No, no, no. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

2 Likes

WHAT NO FIRST GEN? I’M OUT.

1 Like

The only (minor) downside I have experienced after getting three of these 2nd Gen units from Woot is that the Alexa app doesn’t work as easily as newer generation Echo devices. Alexa will try to find them, but after a few minutes will declare that nothing was found and will suggest “manual setup.” Things usually go quickly and smoothly after that. I haven’t figured out if there is a way to skip the “automatic setup” and go straight to the manual setup, thus saving a minute or two.

All in all, these devices are pretty much bullet proof in daily operation. I use them outdoors (protected from rain) and in a workshop/shed environment. One of them has some nice speakers connected to them and does a great job with the signal and fidelity.

I must add that some issues required the input of Woot customer service. Resolution was prompt, friendly and useful. Another reason I can recommend you shop here with confidence.

3 Likes