(NEW) TCL Alto 8 Plus 3.1.2ch Dolby Atmos Smart Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer

(NEW) TCL Alto 8 Plus 3.1.2ch Dolby Atmos Smart Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer

$20 cheaper at Walmart.

Different items:

But hey,

PRICE DROP!

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

Hi @ThunderThighs,

What are the differences between the TS8132 and the TS813?

Checked both their specs and seems to be the same except for some packaging dimensions.

Not sure? Our buyer said it took him 10 minutes to find them and they were small. I’ll ask him.

Update:
optical vs 3.5MM input
and one other thing that he can’t remember

Update 2: He remembered. Per our buyer:

USB Playback vs USB Playback 2.0
no idea what that means but it’s different!!
and the MSRP is $20 higher according to TCL so they think that’s worth an extra Jackson apparently

1 Like

Also is appears that TS8132-NA comes with an optical cable while the other TS813 does not. Both units support optical just one includes the cable and the other doesn’t.

Also the difference between USB 1.0 and 2.0 is the speed at which it can communicate/transfer data. From 12Mbps (usb 1) to 480 Mbps(usb 2). Oh and max cable length size increased from 3 meters to 5 meters.

I received mine yesterday, and this morning upon box opening realized I received the wrong one. I received the 2.1.2 version (TS8212), not the 3.1.2 version (TS8132) advertised and purchased. I have emailed customer service and am awaiting a response. Please be sure to check your system when it arrives.

1 Like

The item listing says 3.1.2 but they shipped the 2.1.2.
It still has Dolby Atmos, but is lacking the center channel and apple play 2 and apple HomeKit …
Feels like a bait and switch. Seems like I could have bought the 3.1.2 from Amazon for like $20 more and gotten the correct one.

Just go buy this one.
TCL Alto 8 Plus 3.1.2 Channel Dolby Atmos Smart Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer, WiFi, Works w/ Alexa, Google Assistant & Apple Airplay 2, Bluetooth – TS8132, 39-inch, Black https://a.co/d/cOStEOD

1 Like

Same here. Kinda messed up.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you received something different than we advertised. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Same here, shipped me the ts8212 without wifi or ariplay. Emailed support waiting for response.

1 Like

I have emailed support to address this issue and received a response that it will take several days to resolve, as they need to contact the fulfiller, even though there are several occurrences of this identical issue. @skidadesert has made a point to purchase on your parent site of Amazon, but I would instead address the issue of the Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act concerning this item. Especally since this site is owned by Amazon.

Probably because it’s the weekend. I’ve already sent an email to our buying team but it may be Monday before they can get hold of our vendor to see what happened.

I tried to address this issue this morning at approx 9 am PST and didn’t get a response till about 45 minutes ago 11:15 pm PST. That is poor customer service!

The support form states to allow 24 hours for them to respond. I’m sorry for the issue. We will work on it as soon as we can get hold of everyone involved. The weekend isn’t helping unfortunately.

@ThunderThighs. The response this afternoon from customer support was to return for a full refund and that they could not replace it with the correct item and promptly started a return. I DO NOT WANT A RETURN! Yes, I will return the wrong item, BUT I want what is listed and what I paid for. THIS ITEM IS STILL ON LISTED WITH THE SAME SPECS AS WHAT I PURCHASED! Why can they not replace it?! Now, I can purchase it on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZYCY5CH/ref=ewc_sw?smid=&psc=1) for $30+ more, but Woot sells it, so am I going to have the same issue? I am extremely frustrated, as I suspect other customers with the exact issue are, and I am about to file a report with the FTC for the Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act. I just want a positive resolution and my item!

2 Likes

Not sure how many ways I can state that it’s going to be Monday before our team can get hold of the vendor to research what happened and figure out a resolution. That can take a couple days.

Doing a replacement now could result in the same wrong item being sent out. We need to figure out what happened.

If you can’t wait that long, then you should start the return for the refund.

@ThunderThighs, I hear you and understand, but since I am dealing with 12+ hour delays between emails and different agents in my correspondence, it is incredibly frustrating. (I miss the old chat system for customer service.) I hope you can understand my frustration and I do appreciate that you are trying to help. Know that I am happy to wait to get the correct item, but as I said, the prior agent has already started the return and refund process, which is not what I had requested. :pensive:

Just stop emailing customer service for now until we have time to figure this out. They don’t know the answers either so they’re offering you the only solution they can at this time - return for refund.

1 Like

Thank goodness I checked the forum first since it seems like everyone is receiving the wrong order and you can’t get help till next week. Someone should taking this listing down, but sounds like the team that can correct/take down listing can’t do that till next week as well.