(NEW) Apple MagSafe Charger

(NEW) Apple MagSafe Charger

1 Like

Bummer. Too late.

EDIT: (Note, Woot recycled page. That comment was for a much better deal on this charger, that expired.)

3 Likes

My charger gets super hot. I have another Mag Safe charger that I’ve never had this issue with.

Sorry for the problem. If you would like to return it, reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

2 Likes

These are fake MagSafe chargers. Just got mine and the device does not show up in General–>About like a genuine charger. The markings and packaging are also different. Woot should provide refunds for these - probably a $2 charging puck.

3 Likes

Hi there. Please reach out to CS as noted above.

1 Like

Ouch! Especially when “honest” highly rated third party “magnetic” charge pads (MagSafe is Apple’s trademark) can be had for dramatically less.

What’s the difference between this Apple MagSafe Charger and the one on the mothership for $.99 less?

1 Like

Assuming the Woot product is the same one I received last week, it is a counterfeit. The Amazon charger is legit. The difference is that the genuine Apple version can charge at 15W and has integrated thermal management to prevent overheating. The counterfeit version runs at ~7.5W and can get very hot while charging.

1 Like

We’ve sold over a thousand of these with only your one complaint. I’m guessing you got a bad unit or it’s possible the vendor shipped the wrong unit.

The giveaway was that it doesn’t appear in the “About” section. I went there to see what firmware version was installed.

IMG_2528
IMG_2530

Let me check in with our team. I see you have return set up already.

I just received this charger and the commenter above is correct. It’s absolutely fake. Doesn’t show up in settings on the phone. Has the wrong marking. Runs very hot. I can’t believe you’re selling these as if they’re real and could damage someone’s phone in the process.

1 Like

Wanted to add my name to the list. Just noticed there is a new MagSafe update and looking up the settings the MagSafe I bought from Woot on 3/15 does also not show up.

Hopefully the return process is smooth, seeing as they sold me a non-Apple charger.

I’m way after my 30 days (purchased in Feb), but am also in the “got a fake charger” boat. Non-matching markings, doesn’t show up in About → Settings. Discovered today when I tried to check/update the new firmware release, and now realizing why it’s gotten so hot and why it doesn’t do the normal “magsafe” animations that my other charger does when the phone’s placed on it (or other magsafe accessories).

Feeling pretty bamboozled.

Go ahead and reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.