Acer Aspire 5 A515-45-R74Z Slim Laptop

Acer Aspire 5 A515-45-R74Z Slim Laptop

is the ram easily upgradable?
possible to get an extended warrant with refurb?

Morning.

In the features:

• 8GB DDR4 Onboard Memory

Onboard memory means it’s soldered so not user upgradeable.

There’s a link to the extended protection plan at the bottom of the features.

This would be for someone else.
Acer is usually known for easy add ons, unlike the always soldered Lenovos.

Well, I tried!

Thanks!

(Hope they are paying you well, now!)

Under the Amazon product page https://www.amazon.com/Acer-A515-45-R74Z-Hexa-Core-Processor-Graphics/dp/B09J1MXS2Z , there are 5 “Videos for this product” (note: not “Videos for related products”)

The first two from “Techno Panda Picks” are misleading as he doesn’t own this particular laptop: video #1 shows 2 empty DIMM slots but it’s from an older Ryzen 3 3200U model and the ports are wrong. Coincidentally I bought one for a family member in 2020 when it was a popular model. Video #2 shows a Ryzen 7 5700U model (most likely the A515-45-R8K1, which is in the same A515-45 family as this -R74Z) but he didn’t take it apart and incorrectly claimed it has 2 DIMM slots. He is just a Amazon commission hoarder/spammer.

Video 4 from “Kevin & Liz” shows the single empty DIMM slot, and if you pause the video you can see the “Ryzen 5” “5000 series” palm rest sticker so it does appear to be the -R74Z laptop.

Acer and Amazon reuse the same product page for different models so don’t blindly follow the review and Q&A section.

With that said, this laptop is $450 or less brand new from Amazon for months. I wonder why not a single one has sold yet. If you Google the model number + “deal” you will find out it was discounted much further during October (as a Prime exclusive deal) and December. My friend told me about it and bought one, though we didn’t get to taking it apart.