Palmini Low Carb Pasta, 6 Unit Case

Palmini Low Carb Pasta, 6 Unit Case

canned or pouches?

Description seems to say canned. Pasta is one of the many foods I miss since my body decided it hated my pancreas and gave me LADA type 1 diabetes lol.

But it says the pasta is made from heart of palm, and taste like that out of the can. But with proper sauce, cleaning, and rinsing it has a very similar texture to pasta.

$18 is steep for 6 units of pasta. Bagged or canned. Lol

Low carb/keto branded items are always so expensive.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.
Had to look up LADA.

Everyone is a bit dif with this kind of thing.
Has anyone suggested resistant starch foods?

Some foods are best cooked/cooled
others cooked/cooled/reheated (even white toast)
a few just cooked.

RS is helpful for dropping insulin spikes and promoting anti inflammatory reactions in the gut.

All good! Most doctors outside of endocrinologist don’t really know what LADA is. I didn’t know until i was diagnosed with it.

For me, I hardly eat pasta or rice. I do sometimes, but I have to manage it within my “carb budget”

For bread, I use Nature’s Own which is 12g carbs per slice, and for tortillas, I use the low carb ones from Mission brand, I think they’re about 4g carbs per.

I mainly stick to eating meats and cheese, but they can quickly become calorie dense meals.

Will have to look up resistant starch as starch is the main issue within plant based nutrition that causes large insulin releases