AllSett Health Form Fitting Migraine Relief Ice Head Wrap: Your Choice

AllSett Health Form Fitting Migraine Relief Ice Head Wrap: Your Choice

3 Likes

I am so tired of seeing constant dropshipped, Alibaba made trash on Amazon. If you know, then you know.

11 Likes

You know what, I’m actually not going to leave it.

Literally look at Alibaba (a chinese manufacturer website) and you’ll see LISTS of this product. Right now its a trending “dropship” its so annoying as someone with DAILY chronic migraines to see my condition abused for money. Also I bought one as well, and the cooling lasted less than like an hour lol, get something called the “headache hat original” it has dozens of individually wrapped ice cubes, lasts hours. Tips from a daily migrainer.

13 Likes

Thanks for this post. I get migraines, and my 12 year old has had a few. I think she’s headed down the road of chronic migraines. We’ve got the headache hat. I’d rather get another one than something that won’t last as long.

8 Likes

Might need one of these after browsing the woot forums :rofl:

10 Likes

True, cold doesn’t last terribly long. Long enough to make a difference for me, though. Get a couple and swap 'em out!
These can also be used as heat packs, but I haven’t tried it that way.

6 Likes

I have one of these and the headache hat. I actually prefer this one as full on ice is TOO cold for me and the gel in this is cool at room temp. Probably getting another one. It’s all down to what works best for you (but isn’t it always, with migraines?)

11 Likes

I agree. More than 1 hour with something ice cold on my head is too much.

7 Likes

ANYONE have any info about the weight and/or volume of gel in one of these items? THAT is the gating factor on how long these stay cold. Also, are these gels “refrigerate to get cold” versus the phase-change gels that get colder (absorb heat energy) when the gel melts?? (like in many pet-bed cooling gel pads)… VERY functional, able to provide “cooling” when something in contact is hot.

4 Likes

It’s a solid-like gel, not liquid. It doesn’t “melt”. Put in freezer to make it cold.

4 Likes

:frowning: That’s so sad. I was put on Triptans as a minor, they gave me over 15 a month, at one point I took it every day. Triptan overuse can lead to medication overuse headaches, and can make migraine disorders worse. If you see a neuro, make sure that any “acute” medications are prescribed safely. Quality of care in Neurology really varies, I’ve seen world class neurologists, who’re renowned, and others where I had to explain certain medications and terminology to them.

6 Likes

I have a trick with the Headache hat where I wrap a paper towel around my head first, then apply the cap. They say in the user manual that you need to use something like that if its too cold. The best part is when its been out for awhile and its not freezing cold, but just right.

3 Likes

I mean, I’m all for the product, just wanted to let people know that there’s cheaper and more cost effective ways about buying it, even Aliexpress has the same item at a much reduced rate. People are basically paying for the fast"er" shipping rate. I personally though would rather have 5 migraine caps that took a few weeks to arrive, compared to 1 that got here in a week. I’d just keep the 5 in the freezer on a day where I need to cycle between them when a migraine is really bad.

6 Likes

Well now I’m undecided. I tend to get only one migraine a year, at most, but I had two bad ones and a double ear infection just in January. My migraines always start out as optical which gives me a chance to take some meds (Excedrine Migraine is usually all it takes) and head to a dark room before any pain sets in. Of course, if I’m not at home I can’t drive (road? What road?) and have to be “fetched” by my hubbie.

I was mostly hoping these would make things darker than any of the other eye masks I’ve gotten. Mixed reviews here (and a LOT of fellow migraine sufferers!) so I’m not sure. The price isn’t bad so I guess it’s worth a try.

And I just have to ask, am I the only migraine sufferer who slathers my pain points with Vick’s? Not just for migraines since I don’t get those too often, but EVERY headache (daily) requires Vicks. My husband quit even noticing the smell after our first years of marriage. He thinks of it a my cologne. Lol!

5 Likes

Addy Thats Weird GIF by PeacockTV

Kidding. I don’t do that, but I won’t knock until I try it.

3 Likes

Try it! In my family Vicks is the duct tape of the medicine cabinet.

5 Likes

My head is on the larger side of the scale. Anyone with the same issue that owns this comment on how it fits?

3 Likes

My head is pretty big and it doesn’t seem too tight? Hard to judge. You don’t happen to know either your hat size or your head circumference, do you? I don’t remember mine but will find out if it’ll help.

3 Likes

Bought one of these back in December for the wife as a small Christmas gift. She really likes it and it works well for her.

The shipping experience was less than good.

2 Likes

This moving banner atop my woot app Home Screen advertising stress migraine relief is doing more harm than good….

2 Likes