Echo (4th Gen) | smart home hub with Alexa

Echo (4th Gen) | smart home hub with Alexa

1 Like

Just got the 5th gen for the same price at the mothership, with free same day shipping.

2 Likes

Lol I was watching YouTube in my living room and it said something that set off Alexa to tell me the time and date. I was incredibly spooked :joy: I use it as a Bluetooth speaker in my kitchen and the fact it picked up on a low speaker a room away is frightening :smile:

2 Likes

We have Echo devices in most rooms and while certainly they can get confused by which one you’re “addressing”, a most frustrating thing is watching a YouTube video either reviewing Echo devices or demo’ing how to use them… and the idiot YouTube content creator actually speaks “Alexa” repeatedly. Leave that YT video and do so without a downflag since downflagging increases the YT engagement algorithm.

4 Likes

think you’ve gotten the Echo Dot 5th Gen, as there is no Echo 5th Gen yet.

The Echo Dot is much much smaller and doesn’t sound near as good as the Echo. Just for future reference :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Aha I think I was watching a live stream and If I remember correctly a guy said " Question: today . ." And it set off Alexa to tell me the date. But he was reading a viewers message for the stream

1 Like

I assume that these are used, if they were “refurbished.” Were these items that were trade-ins? or what?

2 Likes

sorry but we don’t have history on the units and it could vary from one to another.

1 Like

I’d like to order a couple of these, but what if I receive units that are not in good condition (appearance and/or functionality wise). I’m a prime member, so shipping would be free for me. What is the return policy on these refurb/used units? Do I have to pay to ship them back?

1 Like

Howdy. Here’s our return policy:

Woot! FAQ

We generally provide a prepaid label unless you abuse our generosity. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had this question for sometime and it seems a good opportunity to ask. I literally spent 30 minutes looking for a definition of the “conditions” and I don’t see it listed anywhere. What’s the difference in “used very good” vs “used good” vs “used good (1)”?

2 Likes

I can’t officially answer that but from personal experience buying a lot of this stuff (the echo show first gens) even the used acceptable have been in outstanding shape. They come well packaged and look so close to new that after a few days in my house you’d never know they weren’t. We’ve bought about 5 of these over the past few years this way. Hopefully that helps a little.

1 Like

Thanks - I had the same experience buying Blink cameras. I always just wondered what these conditions mean “officially”.
Our first gen echo show 5 developed a flicker issue and Amazon gave us a promotional credit for the whole purchase price. No questions asked. We bought a show 8 to replace it. Kudos to Amazon for great customer service! FYI

4 Likes

I think this is the official guide, but I don’t see where that’s spelled out either. Maybe @ThunderThighs can explain it better?

Hi there, the below is a link to the Woot item condition glossary.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

3 Likes

Thanks and I don’t know if it matters but these items like the Echo here are noted as “used” vs “refurbished” as some items are noted. So is the condition for a used item noted the same as a refurb? “Used” implies that it was sent back by the original customer and put up for resale as-is (perhaps after testing). Refurb implies something was actually done to make the product as close to new as possible. Which implies the manufacturer was involved. Maybe new batteries installed, replaced screen, etc. IDK - maybe I’m being too particular and there is no distinction on Woot.

2 Likes

Hi there. Amazon devices use their own terminology.

Here you go:

• Used - Very Good : Very minor cosmetic imperfection(s) on the item.
  • Used - Good : Minor cosmetic imperfection(s) on the item.
  • Used - Acceptable : Small cosmetic imperfection(s) on the item associated with regular use.
3 Likes

I’ve bought all the different condition of used from Amazon like new good acceptable whatever and not one time have I had an issue and really they were all new condition besides maybee the box or instruction manual. You still have the option of returning it anyway. I always take advantage of the warehouse deal if possible! And someone else was asking about how to return to woot! I have had a issue with earbuds and needed to return them twice both sets unfortunately and no issues at all I actually got refunded before I sent the product back!

1 Like

Is this the echo 4th gen with the premium sound setup?? I know they had 2 options one regular speaker and one with premium sound??

Uhm, it’s this one

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-4th-Gen/dp/B07XKF5RM3

1 Like

This maybe late and I’m sorry but from what I understand that’s the best speaker they have in the lineup. I would not hesitate one second buying one from warehouse or however it is to save a few bucks. I do it all the time if available. I’m put my money on the line if you was not satisfied with this is how sure I am that you will be 100 percent satisfied! Better late then never lol