Foldable Telescoping Stool Portable Retractable

Foldable Telescoping Stool Portable Retractable

5 Likes

Got 3 last time looked neat. In reality cumbersome and uncomfortable to sit on.

10 Likes

Cumbersome how? I’m looking at using this to help me have a portable chair to use in my house for small tasks. I had spine surgery and it is recommended that I use a stool to sit in front of the fridge to help me while I get stuff out of the fridge.

3 Likes

It IS a great stool for quick uses, but DOES get uncomfortable after extended use.
I grabbed one years ago, and use it for locksmith work.
I notice now, that they have 220 lbs as max weight in the description, but still show 500 lbs in their image.
This stool WILL support 500 lbs, dead center, but as a 6’ 2" 280 lb fella, I noticed some cracking of the seat skirt, around that strong center section.
So don’t go believing the pie in the sky max weight pic, or you’re gonna have a bad time.

5 Likes

When I purchased this from B&H about five years ago, it came w/ a round cushion that fit on top. The cushion would come detached often, so I glued it. Problem solved. Now (2/25/2023) I see that it no longer is sold w/ that cushion. Simple enough to cut a circular piece of yoga mat, 9mm wet suit, or a similarly cushioned material to improve its’ seating comfort. Problem solved.
edit: BTW On B&H it’s now $50, grab one at Woots’ price. This is a terrific deal for a highly portable, if not completely comfortable instant seat.

6 Likes

I purchased 3 of these when they had them here a few weeks ago. I had seen some of these a few years ago at a home show and I was impressed with them. These are not near the quality of the originals. You have to be real careful when setting one up. If all the little hooks aren’t correctly in place when you open it up, it will collapse when you try to sit on it. I’m hoping repeated use will make them open up easier.

2 Likes

Not cumbersome at all, and this is not designed for long term seating.

I am 6’4" and use this during portrait shoots. Both for myself when I am photographing daycare portraits and need to be down low, and for adult clients to sit on while on location.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on using this in a duck blind?

2 Likes

Read the Specs - Factory Test: Numerous loading tests have been done showing our stool’s static load can reach 550lbs at most and dynamic load up to 400lbs. Box lists 220lbs as max weight. So legally it is only rated to 220. I have 2 used during sports photography works out well but they do not swivel, so duck shooting field of fire may be a tiny bit limited, and definitely do not shoot at anything flying directly over your head flying away from you.

4 Likes

I see a good use as a compact, easy-to-store step stool, but there’s photos or experience in the comments?

3 Likes

I have one of the original Mini Max ones and I love it. Yes, its not comfortable after hours of sitting, but I use it for work and camping. Its not heavy, its quick to open and close, and its nice to have something hard/clean to sit on when I’m in a client’s home.

I would be cautious about relying on one of these though, just have to assume the build quality is trash!

3 Likes

I will put it out there. I have been injured by this product. I actually even continued using a 2nd stool after the first one collapsed and caused me to hit my head and be knocked-out. But that one also collapsed without an injury to me.

They use tiny buttons that slide in channels to hold the load. There are many of them, but the flaw is that each time you open and close the stool the plastic is getting sawed-down a little bit. Open to deploy once a week, you may not have an issue. Deploying 5 times a day like I was so I could sit at my repair jobs (field service technician for office machines) and the plastic gets sawed down and eventually shears apart while sitting on it. First one lasted 11 months. Second one about 3 months. I use the 3-leg folding camp stool now instead of these. I don’t need to wake up to paramedics asking me really difficult questions again.

These really should not be allowed for sale in the USA.

8 Likes

If only I was a smaller human being.

It’s hard being not so out of shape but still over 250 pounds.

4 Likes

Try only sitting on one at a time.

4 Likes

I would not stand on it. As a seat, it’s perfect. I bought one a couple of years ago for stocking and working on store shelves.

4 Likes

So it still comes with " * 【MORE COMFORTABLE】: The folding stool comes with a seat cushion for your comfort and a storage bag that can be carried on shoulder or back. With the cushion, you can sit on the stool hours without feeling uncomfortable."

2 Likes

No, it did not come w/ a storage bag or a seat cushion which accompanied the stool I purchased years ago from B&H. (It was made in Israel and branded www.minimaxstool.com)
The case I received from Woot! lacked any branding (other than the Made in China) noted on the box. It clearly is a imitation/copy. Time will tell if it’s as durable and up to the standards of the Israeli made stool.

2 Likes

That is also what happened to me, Dissapoined.

2 Likes

V/Difficult for this old-timer to pull apart & get all the parts to lock together,\ — the retracting spring is v/strong & has prevented me from getting it to lock. & even if they do lock the stool does not feel or look safe. I don’t trust it not to rapidly de-compression when being sat upon. I am not going to be sitting on this & would not buy it again.

3 Likes

Same here, no seat cushion or storage bag. Disappointing. False advertisement?

2 Likes