Canon Ivy REC Waterproof Outdoor Camera

Canon Ivy REC Waterproof Outdoor Camera

It’s not a bad product for being released in 2020. It’s connected through bluetooth.To preview the pictures taken and preview video recorded, you will definitely need the canon mini app to view them. There is a noticeable lag from camera to the phone screen, not a deal breaker.

If i read correctly it supports up to 256gb sd card. I added a 64gb sd card and it can record over 800 hours of footage in 720p. It has micro usb port for charging, comes with cable.
For the price of $70 , it’s not a bad product. It’s a on the go camera where you clip it on to your backpack or keychain , and let it record your adventures walking ,running and hiking etc. This is the budget version of a gopro.

I bought one, it was plagued with issues. paired to the phone fine, wanted to do an update, failed. Then tried with tablet, failed. Then skipped the “update”, connected, ( uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi , btw , not just WI-FI, as you state. has to use both at the same time), and would let me change settings of the camera, and that was all. no remote shots , using the app, nothing. Tried on Android, ( newest , btw , 2023, both Samsung Phone and top of the line tablet), then on 2 year old iPhone and Applet tablet. exact same issues. Now , possibly I got a bad unit, but one thing that was suspicious, is that the label with the serial and model, had been covered with a new label, and with a bright light , revealing the label underneath, one could see that it was made for the Mexican Market , and another thing, it had a number that inferred by investigating that it had been “refurbished.”
You phone camera will work better, no hassles and if you want to do further investigation on this, there is a very useful review here: Canon Invents the GoPro Hero 2 HD! | Ivy Rec or Ivy Wreck? | Canon Ivy Rec Review with Video Samples - YouTube
I had planned to give it to a teenager as a gift, but this is not one that they would enjoy, especially with the headaches of trying to get it to pair ( manually type in the serial number after you remove the face plate to connect to WiFi << according to the directions, for example)
returned and got a refund from Woot when it was on a month or so ago.

I would be curious to hear if you purchased one and had a better experience than I had or the YouTuber linked above.

Oh , almost forgot, they ended production of this shortly after they launched it… Check out Canon

and

As far as the firmware , there is no way to manually install it… either… only a 83 megabyte PDF telling you that it does it all by itself!
So it communicates with your phones Bluetooth and Wi-Fi , try’s to pull the update over your cellular data , and then fails to install… amazing engineering… even considering you have to add a micro SD chip to it , so why not put the rom update after you download it from canon to apply it? Sweeeet!! lol
And , I used a brand new 128 gig micro sd , but since it cannot take pics without the app, never got to see how bad the actual pics or recordings were , as shown in the YouTube video linked above)
At least i now have , yet another , MicroSd to use in maybe my drones…