Xlife Ear Wax Removal

Xlife Ear Wax Removal

7 Likes

X-life?

The X will stand for “Deaf,” if you stick that motorized monstrosity in your ear canal.

5 Likes

If you watch what you’re doing, which this is made for, you can be careful and this can be a useful tool.

Besides the fact that an ENT can put a scope in your ear that smaller than your elbow all the time when they do exams and you don’t go to deaf.

Plus there’s no motor in these things, so the only way to hit your eardrum is to ram it into it and if you’re watching it on your phone then you’ll know ahead of time.

It’s like with anything else in the world, just exercise caution.

6 Likes

We were just discussing this item. We would be afraid of what we might find in our ears.

How embarrassing to see what other people have been seeing when you turn your head. :grimacing::flushed::face_with_peeking_eye::cry::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I bought one of these a few months ago, and I finally had a chance to use it today, it’s actually pretty nifty.

7 Likes

It’s not motorized. It’s a tiny fiberoptic illuminated spoon and camera that displays wirelessly on phone.
You scoop and pull your precious collection out.

Seriously, you do not drill or auger. Per the ad description, there is gyroscope for stabilization. But no motor to twist the silicon spoon. The inventor’s idea is visualizing what you are doing should be safer, provided you stop if there is any pain and do not go so deep that you puncture the tympanic membrane (aka “ear drum”). By design, it is better than a cotton swab pushing things deeper. Yes, of course, one needs to be careful. YMMV.

6 Likes

In the app, there’s a device selection, but this model isn’t listed. If anyone else has this device, do you have any tips?

3 Likes

The X will stand for “Deaf,” if you stick that motorized monstrosity in your ear canal.

What???

4 Likes

6a00d8341c51c053ef00e54f36fe388834-800wi

5 Likes

I know what the model I have you have to make sure that your Wi-Fi is on initially and so is the device. The app is used to connect the device to your Wi-Fi initially. You might try other similar apps if the one that comes with it doesn’t work. I know with mine the numbers that come up that are its title is not the same as the model number or anything like that. The big thing with the app I have with mine is to start it up then turn on the ear camera and then see what new device pops up at that point. Hope this helps in a way.

3 Likes

I really can’t say I’m that curious what’s in my ears. In fact, I think I don’t want to know.

4 Likes

I got one, but I need to flush my ears all the time. All my life. I was curious. It’s freaky tho and feels weird in my ear

5 Likes

This is a useful tool. Beware the various pricing pitches, price can vary a LOT for no obvious reason (like changes in package contents, etc). You will find a new appreciation for ear- and nose-hair trimming devices…

5 Likes

Somebody in the laser hair removal thingy thread said they use it on their ears.

3 Likes

2 Likes

And maybe a new appreciation for bait-traps too.

6 Likes

No shit. And there’s Dave with the mic drop.

5 Likes

season 2 famalam GIF by BBC Three

2 Likes

If that ever happens to you or family, you like will want immediate attention. Use as drops, hydrogen peroxide or earwax oil. Cooking oil if you must. Have tissues on hand to wipe. Works rapidly as critter does not like drowning. [Obviously] Do not try to mechanically remove live bug as you do not want critters trying to go the other way [Ensign Chekhov agrees]!

• Hydrogen peroxide is especially good, as it bubbles and helps push things out.

If critter does die in canal or you are worried afterwards, ask for an appointment with an ENT doctor that week or Urgent Care if no relief same day.

5 Likes

I’ll try to remember that.

4 Likes