Apple AirTag Leather Key Ring

Apple AirTag Leather Key Ring

4 Likes

airtag included or not?

2 Likes

From the listing:

AirTag sold separately.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

6 Likes

You can get 4 key chains on Amazon for the same price

1 Like

Are they all yellow?

3 Likes

That specific one is only available in yellow.

4 Likes

Think about how you plan to use this for a key ring. If you use the included ring like another key on your main ring then your keys and the orientation of this AirTag holder will align. However, if you put your keys on this ring, the keys will be rotated 90° from the orientation of this AirTag holder.

There are aftermarket AirTag holders whose ring is rotated 90°, so putting keys on the included ring results in keys being in alignment with the holder.

Another thing to note - if you have an older car that does not start via a fob - that is - a car key is required, do not overload your key ring since too much weight can cause car ignition lock failure over time.

12 Likes

Quantity: Limit 25 per customer

Wow, unusually high quantity limit. Either Woot mother Amazon must have bought a crap ton of these… or they aren’t selling the way they’d like… or both.

6 Likes

I need an AirTag in order to buy one of these!

4 Likes

I gotchu fam!

2 Likes

I’m surprised they have t had any AirTags to purchase during Prime Appreciation Week - unless I missed them?

2 Likes

50 - 52 seconds,they were all yellow.

2 Likes

Old news for some but still good info:

5 Likes

The $20 AirTag is not included with the $13 leather key ring.

2 Likes

A friend of mine had one slapped on his car by his wife. She thought he was cheating on her. I would have been livid to be tracked like that.

Spying Ellie Taylor GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

3 Likes

Pretty safe bet that if there is that much distrust, not a marriage for much longer. I remember the days when you would call to check in when you could. This always available to be contacted is crazy. And a VM means that they are cheating. To quote an old 80’s saying, “get a job.”

4 Likes

I got some airtags for my birthday. I want to take them back because they don’t work with Android and you can’t even share them with family. So if you only want to use them to find keys and remotes, you need to put 1 air tag on an item for each member of the family. Why should a family of 4 that uses a van need to have 4 air tags attached to the car keys. I can’t believe these things are selling.

5 Likes

Truly uninformed to single out Apple AirTags. The only reason AirTags are getting media attention is the very feature that is intended to prevent abuse, their anti-stalking notifications. The AirTags make an attempt to tell the person being tracked, that they are being tracked. Those people who have been alerted, not not knew they were being tracked, they also went to the media.

Tile brand trackers have existed for many more years and guess what? They didn’t have an anti-stalk feature so you had no clue you were being stalked! “Smart” thieves and stalkers will use trackers that do not have anti-stalk features.

It is true AirTag anti-stalk relies on the person being tracked (or someone with them) also having an iPhone, but at least Apple has released an Android app to also notify you. However, if someone is using a non-AirTag, that is, a Tile or Samsung tracker, your Apple iPhone will not alert you. Likewise, if you’re not using the Tile trackers and app yourself, you will not know you are being tracked.

Thankfully, there is an effort to create an industry standard anti-stalk function for tile-style trackers.

Brave new world.

7 Likes

Well, this is a listing for an Apple AirTag key ring.

2 Likes

Except for implying it is solely an AirTag issue and ignoring Apple being the brand attempting to minimize stalking abuse unlike Tile, for years.