Emerson EWD2202 Dual-Deck DVD/VCR Combo

Emerson EWD2202 Dual-Deck DVD/VCR Combo

3 Likes

Seriously, a VCR manufactured in 2002 for $360!? Emerson EWD2202 VHS VCR/DVD Player Combo – VCR-DVD.com

7 Likes

It’s entered collectors status now.

10 Likes

I’m trying to replace a VHS/DVD player with one that only reads DVDs (even though it wouldn’t be used).

(I had had an order placed on eBay for 2 for $18, but one didn’t work, so the seller cancelled by other, though I’d have taken one for $9.)

I didn’t realize that people are collecting these things.

5 Likes

I still have a small collection of VCR tapes as well as several hundred DVDs

Don’t judge my life choices.

7 Likes

Blu-ray players should be able to read DVDs.

4 Likes

Gonna need to convert down from Super 8 first.

5 Likes

Does one exist that can’t? With the exception of HD DVDs, which are a diversion standard from regular DVDs, BDPs are backward compatible with DVDs (this is written in the BDP spec… so if you have a BDP that cannot play a standard DVD, it does not comply with the BDP standard, and therefore cannot label itself with the “Blueray” moniker (again, per spec and license agreements).

2 Likes

Don’t know. Might be region-specific stuff I’m not aware of, so I went with weasel word “should”.

1 Like

Some company named Bright Happy Dayzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxyyyyy Heavy Industries or something Probably sells one on AMZN that isn’t compliant.

1 Like

I’m impressed Woot found a batch of decades old units that are NEW. Last time I checked, used VCR-only units are selling for several hundred dollars on Amazon and ebay. So maybe this isn’t such a bad deal after all. You can potentially recover the cost by offering to convert VHS movies to digital for moneyz.

4 Likes

This is not a DVD recorder. Therefor, you can not dub VHS tapes to DVD. It has the analog tuner (useless) built into the VHS side to allow recording to VHS only. Only certain types of DVD media will play. It will not play DVD-R, DVD+R, CDRW (Only audio and MP3). This unit is good for playing your old VHS tapes and DVD’s. Also good for a VHS video source to transfer to digital media via a PC hookup with the proper peripherals. The manual can be found here EMERSON EWD2202 OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

4 Likes

Can I watch LaserDiscs on this?

No

Awe, mannnnnnnn… thousands of dollars on LaserDiscs, down the drain! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right. I wasn’t saying it was a DVD recorder… It’s pretty clear in the description. I think most people know about those RCA to USB adapters to digitize old movies. My comment was based on that assumption.

4 Likes

:joy: Ok seriously, who is actually picking this stuff to go up for sale?! A what, 15yr old Emerson VHS/DVD combo with horrible reviews for $360?? It wasn’t even good 15yrs ago. Do better Woot

5 Likes
3 Likes

Love the professional photos taken on the couch

6 Likes

Yeah, looks like photos from an eBay listing… sheesh.

2 Likes